Greyhound Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Greyhound

2.1

City Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Greyhound (Memphis, TN) in July 2014.

Interview

Short phone interview with HR manager followed by a face to face Interview with District Manager a week later. Went well, lasted an hour and a half. 2nd interview next week with HR, DM & RVP!

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Greyhound (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applied online and eventually received an email for a phone interview. After talking to the marketing manager she invited me in for a meet and greet as she described it.

Interview Questions

• she basically just went over job duties and show a few tasks that the candidate would be responsible for.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Greyhound (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online received a call came in office process was easy but the pay isnt worth everything you will deal with as far as the job duties amd the other things you have to put up woth on a day to day basis

UNIX Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Greyhound (Miami, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

It was nice they called me in for an interview and asked me lots of great questions. I was able to learn alot more about the company and room for growth

Dispatch Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Greyhound (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process happened quickly. Due to the job involving the travel industry, the actual hiring process took about a month. This should not come as a surprise to anyone because, once again, Greyhound as to ensure that the talent they are hiring does not have anything that might indicate links to terrorism.

Interview Questions

• Do you think that you can keep up with the schedule and be on time?   Answer Question

Dispatch Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Greyhound (Dallas, TX) in June 2008.

Interview

First, I filled out a detailed DOT job application, then was interviewed one on one by a member of the HR staff. Then I took a computer based test which had two parts, one tested ability to use standard MS Office software, and the other tested ability to listen to various phone calls of people calling customer service and then being asked comprehension questions. Following this, I was interviewed by a panel of 3 member of the department.

Interview Questions

• Name the biggest mistake you've make at a previous job and how you dealed with it?   Answer Question

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Greyhound (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

My process was very quick! I filled out the online application and within an hour I was sent an email to set up an interview. I scheduled it for the following Monday. I arrived to the interview 20 mins early and called my interviewer to let him know I was there. He came down within 10 mins and lead me to a conference room and immediately made me feel at ease. He let me know that a lot of his tenured employees had been promoted and he was looking to hire about 10 dispatchers. He gave me a brief description of the position and his background with Greyhound, then we moved on the "interview".
    The only question he asked me was "Tell me about yourself".. After I answered that, he stared at my resume and immediately said, "I think you'll like it here at Greyhound"-- that's when I knew I had the job (lol)! He then took me to the office where I would be working and I got to sit with a dispatcher for about 5 mins to see what the jobs was like. Afterwards, we went back into the conference room and he asked if I had any questions.
    Overall, it took about 20 mins and before I left he had me fill out a sheet that would initiate my background check. Considering the holidays are coming up and I still need to do a drug test, he said I should look to start January 2!

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Greyhound (Addison, TX).

Interview

very easy back in 1999 , took drug test filled out application and that was it.The h. r manager was very professional took a 3 week training course consisted of computer learning, then sat with dispatcher, during the 3 week triaing course we turned computer on 1 time then went to eat everytime u turned around, suggested by training manager. he was always hungry.

Interview Questions

• what are you looking for in this company   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotion, entry level pay. they dont promote you if you are not mingling with managers.

Freight Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Greyhound (Spokane, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

It happen really fast told me to sign a few papers got copy's of my ID got my phone number and told me to be on time. If I need a couple days off ask or get it covered. If I'm going to be late Mae sure to call before ahead of time.

Interview Questions

• Keep freight on different buses take trash out swipe and mop   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Greyhound.

Interview

The interview process was quite straightforward. General questions regarding my background, personality, and work history was asked. There is an emphasis on potential employees possessing geographic knowledge. Mandatory drug and background test before your allowing to be employed.