Greyhound Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.1

Motor Coach Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Greyhound (Columbus, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an e-mail with in 2 weeks instructing me to schedule a face to face interview in Columbus,OH. The interview was very smooth, my documents were reviewed and i was given the chance to ask them any questions that i had about the role i was applying for in terms of salary,benefits and vacation etc.

Interview Questions

• 1.why do you want to work for Greyhound?
      2.why should we hire you,what qualities will you bring in to Greyhound?
      3.how will you handle an angry customer/passenger?
      4.do you apply un-safe methods if you need to get a task done?
      5.did you ever get into a situation where you had to calm a nervous situation down?   1 Answer

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Greyhound (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

After an hour online application they will call you in for an openhouse/interview. Not hard. Bottom line if you can pass a background check, pass a drug test and are healthy and have a clean driving license with a license in the state you are applying for they will give you a shot

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work 7 days a week including weekends and holidays.   1 Answer

CSA/Baggage Bus Monitor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Greyhound (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

the interview process went great the supervisor showed me around , showed different positions of the job met other employee and asked me about my work experience We however went back to the office filled out paper work , he asked about my availibilty what shift they going to need me to work and that you will have to take a two essay test ,drug test on the spot

Interview Questions

• tell me a little about yourself? what made you apply for grey hound ?   1 Answer

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Greyhound (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

My process was very quick! I filled out the online application and within an hour I was sent an email to set up an interview. I scheduled it for the following Monday. I arrived to the interview 20 mins early and called my interviewer to let him know I was there. He came down within 10 mins and lead me to a conference room and immediately made me feel at ease. He let me know that a lot of his tenured employees had been promoted and he was looking to hire about 10 dispatchers. He gave me a brief description of the position and his background with Greyhound, then we moved on the "interview".
    The only question he asked me was "Tell me about yourself".. After I answered that, he stared at my resume and immediately said, "I think you'll like it here at Greyhound"-- that's when I knew I had the job (lol)! He then took me to the office where I would be working and I got to sit with a dispatcher for about 5 mins to see what the jobs was like. Afterwards, we went back into the conference room and he asked if I had any questions.
    Overall, it took about 20 mins and before I left he had me fill out a sheet that would initiate my background check. Considering the holidays are coming up and I still need to do a drug test, he said I should look to start January 2!

Motor Coach Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Greyhound (Las Vegas, NV) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was asked to pick a date to interview. I was unable to meet on weekdays so I had to wait it out. I received a phone call on a Tuesday, just so happened I was off, and I went in with required paperwork. I was given the expectations of a bus driver and that training would be without pay but there will be a stipend. I accepted. After passing my D.O.T. physical and faxing it over to the Driver's Supervisor, I've been told that they are only waiting on my background check and once I pass that then I'll begin training in Covina, CA on Jan. 16th, 2017.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a support system being that you will have unpaid training for two months?   1 Answer

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Greyhound (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

It is three stages. First stage is the interview, second stage is the physical and the third stage is driver training. You must pass a background check and complete online testing before driver training.

Bus Driver - NYC Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Greyhound (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

First your given an overview of what's expected of you as an Extra Board Driver and how training works in a class room setting. Our driver manager was exceptinally nice and was patient in answering all of our questions. Then you're interviewed one at a time separately. Just know your paid $50/day+meals during training which looks like can take 6 weeks / two months. But there is a $1500 sign on bonus which you receive half on your first check, than the rest after you complete your first year.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been responsible for other people's lives ?   1 Answer
    • How well would you treat customers ?   1 Answer

Call Back Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Greyhound (Nashville, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

Received a call back concerning a Customer Service Position within 24 hours. I was then asked to come in for a interview within the next 48 hours. Staff was very nice and understanding to my decline in offer.

Interview Questions

• How do I handle pressure from customers who buses are delayed   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Greyhound.

Interview

Very simple! One of the easiest interviews I've been on.make sure your answers are customer the hiring process starts here.control the interview by just a conversation with the interviewer. Your appearance is everything, so ,dress up for the the occasion. White shirt, black pants and a black tie.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for greyhound.do you have to be home every night.   Answer Question

Ticket Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Greyhound.

Interview

Called me after a few days of applying for an interview. It was just one interview with the shift lead and the manager and then offered the position the right next day contingent on passing a drug test