Grooveshark Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grooveshark Interview Questions

2.6

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grooveshark.

Interview

Had a couple informal interviews, mostly discussed where the industry was heading and what Grooveshark might do about it. The interviews were done in the laid back yet productive style that the rest of the business is. I would recommend going in with some opinions about the music industry, especially streaming. I would research Spotify, Pandora, and other competitors so that you have an educated perspective on the position Grooveshark is in.

Interview Questions

• "What would you do if you controlled the company?"   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

The process was very simple. I responded to an internship ad on my college career resource center page, uploaded my resume and cover letter, and received a call about two weeks later to set up an interview time at the office. The interview was very casual, we basically just chatted and the interviewer asked a few standard behavioral questions, but it was mainly conversational. I heard back about a week and a half later by phone.

Music Curation Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Grooveshark.

Interview

Submitted application via website, received an email request for an initial interview roughly 10 days later, with the interview taking place about 10 days after that. Had a second interview roughly two weeks later and was extended an offer about 2 weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite genre of music and how did it come to be that?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grooveshark.

Interview

Phone interview consisted of basic experience and interest questions along with a description of the position and internship program. I was then e-mailed for a code review then scheduled a Skype interview.

Interview Questions

• The code review asked for questions on prototyping in JavaScript. This was this most technical question, though not difficult.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Grooveshark.

Interview

I was called exactly ~2 months after applying for a Web Developer position with Grooveshark.
    They wanted to schedule a second phone interview and asked to coordinate. Working full time I had to coordinate a lunch the next day (a Thursday). When the time came I received no calls, I called back and left a message, gave it until the following Tuesday (4 business days) and decided I don't want to work here anyway if they do call back. I've had no communication from Grooveshark. A company can't just waste my time like that, it's unacceptable.

PR Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grooveshark (New York, NY).

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews with the recruiter and HR based in FL for a NYC position. Both went really great and I had a positive first impression. Was then called to come in and meet with CEO but that changed last minute and interviewed with 3 other people.

Interview Questions

• 3 people I met with basically had NO idea what PR even meant and I was insulted and talked down to almost immediately. Was a huge waste of my time and obviously their time for calling me in if I wasn't "up to par"

Guess I lucked out interview went so bad because first impressions are EVERYTHING and they left me with a horrible taste in my mouth.   Answer Question

Android Dev Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grooveshark (Gainesville, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

I met the CEO in career fair and submitted my resume, followed up after a week by emailing my resume and some of my work

Interview Questions

• Interview was just a discussion about my work and project in resume, which tools do i use, approach to work etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was an unpaid intern

Summer With Sharks Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grooveshark (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

Phone interview and Google Docs Question forms. General technology and programming questions, also asked for some sample code.

Ad Operations Manager Interview

Interview

Incredibly unprofessional. When the recruiter called, he was very excited and couldn't wait to schedule a phone interview. When the time came, I was ready for the phone interview, but it had to be postponed due to scheduling conflicts (on their end). And then... there was absolutely no further communication from them. They just stopped responding to emails or calls. Despite them expressing strong interest, suddenly they just stopped answering.

Honestly though, I feel like I dodged a bullet. If a company is going to be this unprofessional in their communication, I don't think I want to work for them.

Interview Questions

• When are you available for a call?   1 Answer