Hach Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 23, 2017

2.8

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hach Company (New York, NY).

Interview

Pretty easy. They want to make sure you are using Sandler Sales techniques to find out customer's "pain points". This is the most important piece of advice for the interview. They want the customer to talk and for you to listen.

Senior Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hach Company (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone screening with the hiring manager. It started off with a brief overview of the position. I strongly appreciated that the manager started off with what she saw as the downsides to the position, to ensure that both of us felt that our time was well-used.

Interview Questions

• The position requires extensive travel within a 250 mile radius. Are you ok with that?   Answer Question
    • The position requires you to track your own service calls and follow ups. Are you ok doing that?   Answer Question

Sales Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loveland, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hach Company (Loveland, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

They were very proactive and responsive on the front half of the interview process. From the first contact from HR through the phone screen to a set interview date was just a couple of days. I met with six people - the hiring manager, two internal customers (together), an HR staff member, a peer, and the hiring manager's boss. All were friendly and well prepared except for the peer, who seemed like she was asked to do the interview at the last second and didn't explore my previous experience with enterprise systems very well.

The interviews were largely canned situational questions given to the interviewers plus their own questions pertinent to the position / company. I got a good feeling for the company from the cross section of people I interviewed with.

I must have said something wrong in one of the interviews because the responsive tone changed 180 degrees after the interview process. The promise by the HR rep for the email addresses of the people I interviewed with went unfulfilled, as was the same request in a thank-you email to the main HR rep I'd been working with. No expectation was set for further communication other than a vague "we'll be in touch" from the hiring manager's boss. Three days later I emailed for an update and was told that they'd let me know in a week and a half. There was no reply by then and a few days later I emailed for an update. I was told they sent with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one time that you had to overcome a difficult situation when working on a project.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Hach Company.

Interview

Very long draw out process, one on one via phone with hiring manager, then face to face with hiring manager, then a 5 person individual one on one via phone interview. The actual offer was very long to get a commitment if they were moving forward with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Experience with project sales   1 Answer

Global Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loveland, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hach Company (Loveland, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

Detailed questions, Interviewed with several people across the team.

After all interviews I was asked for and my references were checked. Then a no hire decision was made. I was told my references were excellent. Please do not check references if you are not sure about the candidate.

Interview Questions

• How do you price SaaS based products?   1 Answer

Operator I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hach Company (Loveland, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

My hiring was done through a job posting board, but others I worked with had been hired through other means. The interview was fairly standard. Went through a drug test, asked about knowledge and work experience. After the interview I was given a tour of the facility and introduced to the area managers and other employees. Everyone was very nice and after seeing how safety minded the whole company was I agreed to be hired on. It was very quick and informative and is still the best interview process I've ever experienced.

Senior Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hach Company (Providence, RI) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was long however it was comfortable. It was very personable, professional, I interviewed with 5 different people 3 on the same day. It was a very good experience.

Chemist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hach Company.

Interview

I came to their booth during my college's career fair. Talked to HR and the QC Manager which i later found out that he was actually the hiring manger. Received a phone call from the HR ~ 2 months later asking me if i would like to come in for another interview. Came in, had one interview with the QC Manager who i talked to 2 months earlier. He was really nice. Then had another interview with another HR. He made me kinda nervous. The whole process took about a 1.5 hour. Got the offer about a little more than a month later.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions for HR, questions about skills with QC Manager   Answer Question

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loveland, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hach Company (Loveland, CO).

Interview

Technical questions were well thought out and applicable. Hiring manager and others in the group liked me and wanted me to come on. Then I was switched over to HR to seal the deal.

Interview Questions

• I noted that they had aggressive product deployment schedule (that one had little control over) that may required occasional OT or an weekend to get it out the door, that was fine and I understood it came with the nature of the work. I asked if they had a comp time i.e. work a Saturday and take a Monday off for example with mgt approval?   1 Answer

Operator I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hach Company in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online, long gaps before interview and before hearing a final decision. The offer seemed to be a low ball and I wasn't willing to swing. I never received a counter offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you couldn't follow standard procedures.   1 Answer