Halloween City Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Halloween City Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2016

1.5

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Halloween City.

Interview

Manager calls you, talks to you why you want to work there, ask how you will deal with situations regarding Halloween stuff.

10 minutes top.''

got a called the next day saying to start later that day.

Interview Questions

• If someone wants to dress as a witch, what would you suggest?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Halloween City in October 2015.

Interview

very brief, easy, and non intimidating, they were nice and young minded, It was my favourite interview so far that I have done. Be bubbly, and not weird and you got this

Interview Questions

• what was I for halloween last year?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Halloween City (Tigard, OR) in September 2015.

Interview

Straight forward. Basic questions. Asked about previous experience, time management, communication, etc etc. Best to be open and honest, and don't hesitate to ask any questions yourself. The woman who interviewed me liked honesty, and though I lack previous experience, she said she was willing to give me a shot. I very much enjoyed this interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halloween City in September 2015.

Interview

She was nice and it was a quick interview. She was in the process of hiring for the seasonal halloween rush and had a staff of 9 so far. She asked me a few questions about how am I able to deal with several types of customers.

Interview Questions

• How am I able to deal with customers who might be angry.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Halloween City in September 2015.

Interview

I had applied online a few days before. Then I received a call from the store I applied at but they asked if I could work at another location and we set that up. They were using the store cell phone, which turned out to be an old flip phone. The actual interview was casual and very short, not even 30 minutes long, it seemed had never given an interview before. She even said "they didn't even tell me I would be interviewing" so that should have clued me in to the lack of organization here. She was nice and easy going.

Cashier/Floor Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Halloween City (McAllen, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Very fast, easy questions, very basic and fair the person who interviewed me was the general manager for the store that I had applied for. She was very friendly and asked simple questions

Interview Questions

• What would you say to a customer that looks lost.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was okay, the general manager was willing to work with my schedule

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Halloween City (Tigard, OR) in August 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview, asked if I'd be interested in General Manager position. Said yes, but couldn't select it on the website (frequent glitch in their system). Went in for an in person interview with the Market Manager. Market Manager didn't really deviate from the provided interview script. When I got the job and started interviewing people for associate positions I had prescribed questions to ask along with the answers you should expect to get.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions. One of the last was asking what you did the previous Halloween.   1 Answer

General Manager Halloween City Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Halloween City (Lewisville, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Once called, I went in to a Party City close by to meet with the Market Manager. He asked basic questions, as well as in-depth ones. He was looking for someone who was self-aware and capable of running the business without supervision. After the face-to-face, I was called back with an offer, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• What is the one skill you think you need the most improvement, and why?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halloween City in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then received a call to come in for an interview. I did so about 3 days later. The interview process was really straightforward. I was asked questions about transportation, if I was okay with being on my feet for hours at a time, my eligibility to work in the U.S., and I was hired on the spot. I came into work a few days later.

Interview Questions

• If a customer came in and asked you what they think they should get for a party, how would you respond?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Halloween City (West Covina, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was called in for an interview about a week later. The interview was short and relaxed. He asked me why I want to work there like why I like Halloween and stuff and what I should expect working there and asked about my availability. Got an email that I was hired within the next few days

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Halloween city   1 Answer