Halloween City Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Halloween City Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2017

1.5

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halloween City.

Interview

It was a very short and easy interview. Probably less than 10 minutes. She was very nice and when I messed up on a question, she just brushed past it and still offered me a job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halloween City in September 2017.

Interview

Applied really early, around August. Got a call to come in. They were still setting up the store. When I walked in the woman gave me the once-over but then turned on the smiles. She rushed the interview and it was over in less than 3 minutes. I knew right away that she was not going to hire me despite me giving good answers and having experience. I firmly believe she made her decision once she saw my appearance and rushed the interview to get it over with. Never got called back.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halloween City (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Very quick; I was only asked one question: "Why do you want to work here?" I was really surprised because you'd think that if you're going to hire someone to be assistant manager, you would ask them at least a few more questions to get a sense of who he/she is and whether he/she sounds trustworthy/reliable/etc. I had never worked retail before in my life and to only ask me one question and make me assistant manager seemed a tad unprofessional.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halloween City (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Sat with Market and Regional managers for the process. Straight forward questions to find if you're skilled and driven for the qualifications.
    It's a seaonal position so they're looking for skill and retention of those hired.

Interview Questions

• Are you capable of building a store to operational from experience and a manual.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Interview

very casual they were still setting up and doing construction when i went we sat on the steps and she just asked me questions and she was actually very nice and talked to me about how nice my outfit was and she offered me assistant manger instead of cashier

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Halloween City.

Interview

Manager calls you, talks to you why you want to work there, ask how you will deal with situations regarding Halloween stuff.

10 minutes top.''

got a called the next day saying to start later that day.

Interview Questions

• If someone wants to dress as a witch, what would you suggest?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Halloween City in October 2015.

Interview

very brief, easy, and non intimidating, they were nice and young minded, It was my favourite interview so far that I have done. Be bubbly, and not weird and you got this

Interview Questions

• what was I for halloween last year?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Halloween City (Tigard, OR) in September 2015.

Interview

Straight forward. Basic questions. Asked about previous experience, time management, communication, etc etc. Best to be open and honest, and don't hesitate to ask any questions yourself. The woman who interviewed me liked honesty, and though I lack previous experience, she said she was willing to give me a shot. I very much enjoyed this interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halloween City in September 2015.

Interview

She was nice and it was a quick interview. She was in the process of hiring for the seasonal halloween rush and had a staff of 9 so far. She asked me a few questions about how am I able to deal with several types of customers.

Interview Questions

• How am I able to deal with customers who might be angry.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Halloween City in September 2015.

Interview

I had applied online a few days before. Then I received a call from the store I applied at but they asked if I could work at another location and we set that up. They were using the store cell phone, which turned out to be an old flip phone. The actual interview was casual and very short, not even 30 minutes long, it seemed had never given an interview before. She even said "they didn't even tell me I would be interviewing" so that should have clued me in to the lack of organization here. She was nice and easy going.