Halloween City Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Halloween City Interview Questions

Interviews at Halloween City

1.5

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murrieta, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halloween City (Murrieta, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I filled out an application and was called in a week or so later,we sat down she asked me a few questions; basic interview questions, and had me sit at a computer to fill something out it was the easiest interview I have ever done,I was hired on the spot on october 8th and started my first day on october 10th

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Halloween City (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2015.

Interview

It was very simple. I went in and my interviewer gave me a brief history of the company. Then he went into the basic questions to get to know me better and see if was a right fit. I was then walked around the store to be shown where all the product went. I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit? What is your favorite holiday? How would you handle a difficult situation ?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

very casual they were still setting up and doing construction when i went we sat on the steps and she just asked me questions and she was actually very nice and talked to me about how nice my outfit was and she offered me assistant manger instead of cashier

Asst Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Halloween City (Washington, DC) in August 2015.

Interview

Quick and professional, spoke to regional manager and interviewed over the phone. Was given all the employment information that I needed was faxed my paperwork to sign fill out and return to corporate office

Interview Questions

• Have I had any leadership experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Halloween City (Federal Way, WA) in August 2012.

Interview

Went to a store in the building process for interview. District Manager gave first review outside of store and was friendly and focused on the company supplies interview guide. After the interview was done, he asked me to wait around a bit to see if the Regional Manager could continue. He was available and, again, very friendly. He must have been working from the same guide since he asked the same questions. After it was over, they asked me to fill out an application and sent me home. I got a call a couple of days later offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• If you had to make a full page ad selling yourself, but were only allowed three words, what would those words be?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation ... set rate.

Anonymous Employee in McMinnville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Halloween City (McMinnville, OR) in July 2014.

Interview

I was initially contacted and did a Market Manager phone interview in July. I then did a personal follow up interview in mid August. The MM position I was interviewed for went to another, however, I expressed interest in a store as well. The more retail experience you have (apperal experience is a bonus) and desire to be around all things Halloween, the better. I began work late August (2 day training) and got my store after much delay in early September.

Interview Questions

• All questions were not difficult, The revolved around what you saw as your personal growth, what did you need from your supervisors. How would you handle situations with customers and your employees.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can ask about salary and they will give you a base metric and guestimation on your recent experience. Returning managers make slightly more based on previous store sale sale and inventory shrink. Nothing is locked in until the Regional is contacted and signs off.

Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Halloween City (Tukwila, WA) in August 2012.

Interview

Really getting this job is based off being part of the management team at a store from the seasons before. But my best advice is to start applying online in late July, they want GM's in place by early August. The interview is very easy, most questions will be about loss prevention, and going over your experience in management.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The first offer given will be a low-ball offer, most likely the base pay for their scale. Ask for more if you have management experience, and they will give it to you. try for at least 2900 a month.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halloween City (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Sat with Market and Regional managers for the process. Straight forward questions to find if you're skilled and driven for the qualifications.
    It's a seaonal position so they're looking for skill and retention of those hired.

Interview Questions

• Are you capable of building a store to operational from experience and a manual.   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Halloween City (Tigard, OR) in August 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview, asked if I'd be interested in General Manager position. Said yes, but couldn't select it on the website (frequent glitch in their system). Went in for an in person interview with the Market Manager. Market Manager didn't really deviate from the provided interview script. When I got the job and started interviewing people for associate positions I had prescribed questions to ask along with the answers you should expect to get.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions. One of the last was asking what you did the previous Halloween.   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Halloween City in September 2015.

Interview

I had applied online a few days before. Then I received a call from the store I applied at but they asked if I could work at another location and we set that up. They were using the store cell phone, which turned out to be an old flip phone. The actual interview was casual and very short, not even 30 minutes long, it seemed had never given an interview before. She even said "they didn't even tell me I would be interviewing" so that should have clued me in to the lack of organization here. She was nice and easy going.