Handel Architects Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Handel Architects

Associate Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Handel Architects (New York, NY).

Interview

Whole process took about 2-3 weeks. They review portfolio, and job experience. Pretty standard interview, they like to see good experience in all aspects of architecture. Ability to navigate a set as well as 3d modelling and rendering skills.

Interior Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Handel Architects in August 2014.

Interview

it s a very good experience. phone interview first. they explain me what their project about, following with a face to face interview. explain my portfolio with my experience .Also they show me the working environment and the materiel room .

Junior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Handel Architects (San Francisco, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Sent in portfolio, had an interview, shortly after there was an offer letter. I negotiated the salary up due to high living expenses and then I signed the agreement and starting working there about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• They asked about specific projects in my portfolio and what role I played.   1 Answer

Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Handel Architects (San Francisco, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

submitted my resume and got called in for an interview with the head partner and walked him through my portfolio

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none - just took the offer. I did bargain to get a 2000 check for moving expenses

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Handel Architects in April 2011.

Interview

I had one phone interview and two face-to-face interviews and then never heard from them.

Very disorganized process, a lot of going back and forth to schedule initial phone meeting - Hiring Manager could not make a decision and kept changing his mind. Had to repeat the process for face-to-face interview which included last minute changes to the interview time. Had to resubmit documentation at least 3 times because the Hiring Manager did not feel like going through his older emails.

During the face-to-face one of the panelists did not wear shoes and came in socks. Another panelist often chose to use the "F" word to describe his philosophies.

Expect nothing from this company, it will save you a lot of headache but be prepared to jump through a lot of hoops during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Can you write?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle collaborating with multiple offices?   1 Answer