Harder Company Community Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harder Company Community Research Interview Questions

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Harder Company Community Research

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harder Company Community Research (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by HR shortly after submitting an online application and scheduled a phone interview. Interview questions were very standard for a phone screen. After the interview, I waited a couple weeks to hear back and eventually decided to contact my interviewer. Shortly after I reached out for an update on the hiring process, a second on-site interview was scheduled. I interviewed with two members of the research team and had a friendly, engaging conversation about my experience and completed a short data analysis exercise in Excel. A few days later, I was invited for another interview on-site with two additional members of the research team and asked to submit a writing sample. Following the interview, I was asked to supply contact information for 3-4 references. It took a couple of weeks for HR to schedule conversations with my references and when I checked in for another update, approximately three weeks after my last interview in the office, I learned that I would not be extended an offer as they wanted a candidate with more research experience.

They were kind and professional, but the hiring process was very slow.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience, why are you interested in the position, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Harder Company Community Research (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I got the phone interview in the office headquarters, but did not move forward to the in-person interviews at the office I applied for.

It was really strange because the interview started with "Why do you want to work here?" In my experience, interviews usually start with "tell me about yourself," which gives me a chance to mention significant work and education experience so it can be referred to when answering subsequent questions. Without discussing experience first, it was difficult to answer the questions, because I had to keep stopping the discussion of the question topic in order to go on a sidebar explanation of my education or work experience that was relevant to the question.

It was frustrating as well because I had specifically prepared for the question "why do you want to work here," but the answer I had prepared did not make sense without any background information on me personally, so I couldn't use it.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I interviewed at Harder Company Community Research in June 2015.

Interview

The first interview was a phone screening. The second interview took place on Skype as I wasn't in the area. This one was the most formal/serious. It began with a skills assessment, which I had an hour to complete and send back. After the assessment was reviewed, I spoke with two people for about 30-45 minutes. The third interview was another Skype session with two more people. This one is less formal and seemed to be more about personality fit.

Two weeks after the final interview, they called on Friday to offer me the position. I asked for the weekend to review the benefits and make a decision. They scheduled a call on Monday afternoon (1 business day later) for my decision. After a weekend of sorting out moving to SF, I decided to accept. Unfortunately, on our call on Monday they rescinded the offer and said someone else had accepted it. It sounds like they put out more offers than there were jobs...I'm not quite sure what happened, but it was quite a shock. The company seemed very professional and friendly up until this point.

The job sounds good-if it's something you want, be prepared to accept immediately!

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your quantitative/qualitative research background.   Answer Question