Harkins Theatres Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harkins Theatres Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harkins Theatres (Denver, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

I printed out my application, signed it, and turned it into Guest Services. They called me about 4 days later and scheduled an interview later that week.

The first interview was very simple. The manager that interviewed me started some small talk on the way to the conference room (asked me how my day was going and about my favorite movies). Once we got the the room, he asked me to tell him a little bit about myself and pretty much just confirmed the information that was already on my application. Then, he explained what the position that I applied for was all about. I asked a few questions (which I recommend you do) and that concluded the interview. He told me that they would call me some time the next day to schedule another interview if he felt I was sufficient enough. If not, he told me to apply again (if they don't call you, that doesn't mean you were rejected, it just means that their were other candidates that better fit that position that go around).

I was called back for a second interview. This interview was where they started to ask questions that were written on paper (some examples below). After that, the interviewer told me what type of person he was looking for and that I fit that description, and hired me on the spot. He then gave me some paperwork for orientation that was it.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw another employee giving out free food?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if your car broke down?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if your friend asked for free food?   Answer Question
    • Can you name THREE movies that are playing right now?   1 Answer
    • They asked some simple math problems (addition/subtraction) example ; "If someone ordered popcorn for $4.25 and they gave you 20 dollars, how much should they get back?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Harkins Theatres (Gilbert, AZ).

Interview

It was a quick and easy interview, very straight forward. He didnt ask any "curve ball" questions, easy to answer. They just want to get to know you a bit. I was asked to do a second interview immediately

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Extremely formal. Had to drive 20 miles away to a different city to interview with the general manager. Went to the corporate office and waited to be called back for a ten minute interview.

Concessionist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Harkins Theatres.

Interview

Started out as soon as I sat down with the Manager saying " Hey sorry I actually forgot you had an interview today." which was fantastic to hear. The manager looked like she had been running around all day and had no idea how to start the process, while another manager was in a suit helping out two other candidates. I was sat right next to the ticketbooth and had two employees laughing and giggling during a moment of my interview, which was distracting to say the least as I was in the middle of talking, and don't think she really heard anything I said. The interview was a breeze as it was the farthest thing from an actual interview, it was over in 20 minutes. I was offered a 10 hour a week position, if they were to follow up on a second interview which was declined. Not sure what the deal is but I hope they find what they're looking for. This is defintely more for someone's first job out of high school. Unfortunately it looks like for their management as well.

Anonymous Employee in Moreno Valley, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Harkins Theatres (Moreno Valley, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I turned in my resume and application face to face. Two days later i recieved a call that said i have an interview on sunday at 11. I went to the interview and was interviewed by two young men and was told at the end they would call back for a second interview in 2 days. 6 hours later, same day of interview i got a call that said i was hired. I had to pick up an envelope same day for orientation.

Interview Questions

• Whats your definition of punctuality?   1 Answer
    • Why would you like to work here?   1 Answer
    • What are my interests/hobbies?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harkins Theatres (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

It was about 20 minutes but it felt like it went fast. The manager would ask situation type questions about every 5 minutes in between asking about my prior work history and my interests etc. Right at the end he asked if i want a job? I accepted then i was escorted out the front door. I applied around a month ago then got a phone interview. After i was asked to come in for an in person interview the next day. If you get the job you need to wear black slacks, black socks, & black shoes when you go for orientation. Shirt i am unsure about? I never asked.

Interview Questions

• You have 30 seconds to tell me why i should hire you over the other applicants   1 Answer
    • If you answer the phone here. How would you answer?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer
    • Am i in school (future goal in life)   1 Answer
    • Have i handled money before   1 Answer
    • Can i work holidays   1 Answer
    • Any vacation days that i have planned?   1 Answer
    • When can you start if youre hired?   1 Answer
    • Phone interview-why would you like to work at harkins?   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Harkins Theatres.

Interview

I turned in my application to the site. It wasn't open yet so they had an EZ Up with a table underneath where you could hand them to a manager. All they did there was ask my name and if I was in high school and, if so, what grade. The next day I got a call asking me to come in for an interview a week later. The interview was fairly simple. After the questions, the manager explained a bit of the history of the company and some of the benefits. We sat in the shade and it was freezing so I ended up looking more nervous than I actually was during the whole interview. They said they would call me and that was it.

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harkins Theatres (Chandler, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

- Turn in filled out application
    - Get called in (Interview is formal)
    - They take you upstairs
    - Hold an interview with assistant manager and manager.
    - Then either hire on the spot or call back within a week.
    - Pick up a folder containing handbook and employment information

Interview Questions

• What are you involved in/interests?   1 Answer
    • Have you handled money before?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any friends who work at Harkins?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever noticed anything wrong with your theater experience? (They talk about the importance of how nothing must be wrong otherwise it might ruin the entire experience.)   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harkins Theatres in March 2016.

Interview

I turned in the application got called in for the interview thought i did great but never got a call back. I was excited smiling asked questions. I basically did everything your suppose to do in an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Harkins Theatres (Chandler, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

Picked up an application at the front desk and returned it a day later, got a call the same night and was asked to come in for an interview in the afternoon.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you instead of the others applying for this position?   Answer Question