Harlequin Enterprises Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harlequin Enterprises Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Harlequin Enterprises

Editorial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harlequin Enterprises.

Interview

I applied online and got an interview. I spoke with an HR rep who was very nice and made me feel comfortable right away with some small talk. He asked me about my experience and how I would handle certain situations, nothing too difficult. I was then asked to do a reader report, line edits, cover copy, and editorial letter as the next step, which was difficult because I had only done two of the four things I was asked to do. Once I learned that I was not being offered the position, I was able to get really helpful feedback on my editorial test. Overall it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• The editorial test was the most difficult aspect, especially because my experience was in other areas of publishing.   Answer Question

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harlequin Enterprises (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and heard back a few weeks later to schedule an interview. After the interview, they sent an editorial test to complete and send back by the following week. Since I knew at that point I wasn't interested in the role, I emailed the hiring manager and told them that I appreciated the interview opportunity but wouldn't be continuing with the test.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer kept saying that everyone was really burnt out there and asked how I would motivate my superiors to do their work. That seemed pretty backwards to me.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North York, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Harlequin Enterprises (North York, ON (Canada)).

Interview

There was a phone interview which was about 30 minutes with HR. Moving on to the second round, there was in-person interview which was 30 min with the HR person and then 1 hour with hiring manager. They asked basic interview questions and talked a bit about the company. Overall, it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this position?
      What books are you reading now?   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Harlequin Enterprises (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

I got called for a phone interview about 2 weeks after I applied online. The phone interview was 20 minutes, few questions were asked - why I wanted to work for Harlequin, why I wanted to leave my current job. A lot of the phone interview was spent telling me about the position. We scheduled the in person interview for the same week. In person, I interviewed with the HR Manager (which was like a continuation of the phone interview) for about 30 minutes. Then I had a 1 hour interview with the person who would be my boss. The questions were not very difficult. Everyone was really nice and pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a brand Instagram account that you personally follow and why you relate to them.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harlequin Enterprises (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online through Harlequin's Mills & Boon website with a CV and covering letter, and was offered an interview for an eight-week part-time internship. The HR rep who interviewed me was lovely and put me at ease straight away. The interview was informal and mainly consisted of talking about publishing and my CV, as well as discussing my reading habits.

Cost Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harlequin Enterprises (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2010.

Interview

HR rep conducts a phone interview with you. Questions like "Why Harlequin?" "How do you learn best?" "Describe a time you worked in a group and your role in the group to meet an objective?" "Expected Salary" I think there were 6 questions in total. Don't remember the rest of them.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harlequin Enterprises (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2010.

Interview

-person from HR gave introduction to the company
    -people from Finance department explained the role
    -work culture is casual
    -people are friendly

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you had to deal with multiple deadlines   Answer Question
    • what would you do if you had to deal with an unpleasant coworker   Answer Question