Harmelin Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 30, 2017

2.6

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Harmelin Media (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Really can't since I was instantly told there was no time, even though I was on time, and then told I was not going to be called back. Never even given a chance to see if I was qualified. Wow.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Harmelin Media (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied via email as the instructions said on the website. In a couple of days I received a response saying that my applications was under review and will be contacted shortly. In a couple of weeks I received an email from a department head and we arranged a phone interview. In the phone interview we went over my resume and I was offered an in person interview next week at their office. After the in person interview I was contacted in three weeks with a decision.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with office work and with database management?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Interview

It was very relaxed. The gentleman was concerned about my areas of interests in my field of study and informed me of what Harmelin did.
    I first had a phone interview, then followed by a in-person interview. Both of the interviews were very similar. While the first involved informing me about the operations of the company, the second one involved asking me of the projects I did in school.

Interview Questions

• The subjects that interested me, the projects I took in school. My exposure to my field of study.
      Nothing technical.
      Answer Question

Digital Media Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Harmelin Media.

Interview

I contacted HR about the open position and they called me shortly after at a bad time looking for a phone interview. I rescheduled for the following week and didn't hear anything back. After a mess of phone calls they said they were busy and eventually set it up. After a brief phone interview, they invited me to come in for a face-to-face meeting. Upon arrival they had me complete a basic math test and I talked to three different supervisors. They were all very nice and one of them picked apart every single detail on my resume.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest TWO weaknesses.   1 Answer

Digital Media Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harmelin Media (Bala Cynwyd, PA).

Interview

After applying I received a phone call and set up a pre-interview cognitive test. A few days after the test I got another phone call to come back for an interview. First I met with the HR manager who was very nice. It was mostly a conversation about myself and my goals. I was then sent to wait in the lobby for my second interview with the Executive Vice President. This was also mostly a conversation about my goals and then my experience. A little more talk about the job as well. Feeling like it went really well I was sent to the lobby to wait once again for the third and final interview with the Vice President of Online Media (the person I would report to if offered the position). This is where the real interview began. Brad was a very poised interviewer but still made me feel very comfortable. He asked me some questions that were not too difficult but were very thought provoking. He flipped over my resume and drew an X and Y plane. He labeled one plane from detail oriented to big picture and the other from systems to people and asked me to plot myself on the grid. I was then sent home and contacted by email later on in the week.

Interview Questions

• In you're own words, what is "Strategy"?   1 Answer
    • If you were a car which one would you be an why?   Answer Question

Online Media Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harmelin Media (Bala Cynwyd, PA).

Interview

Called a week after I applied. When I arrived I was greeted by the receptionist and was given 60 minutes to complete a math test. It was about 7 word problems and a bonus question. It took me about 35 min. Most of the problems featured percentages. After completing the test she said I should hear from HR within a week.

Development/Media Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Harmelin Media (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

- Required math test.
    - Interviews with Director of HR and Executive VP

I know someone who works for the company, and they had offered to review my resume and passed it along to HR. Within about a week I received a call to come in and take the required math test. Two weeks after, I was called to schedule an interview.

First, I interviewed with the Director of HR, which lasted about 20 minutes. I was then sent to their other office building to meet with the Executive Vice President, which I wasn't expecting. Both interviews were very laid back. They make you feel very comfortable and both the Director of HR and Executive VP were very nice. Spent most of the time discussing the position, the company, my resume & experience, and my career goals/interests.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were more conversational. They don't try to trick you with difficult, complex questions. Very straight forward. I was asked to further explain my past experience, coursework, interests, and skills. We discussed the roles and responsibilities of the position, as well as the work environment and structure of the company. I was also asked general questions in regards to my knowledge of media planning and buying.   Answer Question

Media Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harmelin Media (Bala Cynwyd, PA).

Interview

Interview and walk around to meet other employees. Math and excel test.

Media Planning Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harmelin Media (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in November 2011.

Interview

Everyone was extremely friendly and informative. They were quick to answer any emails and phone calls. The interview was great, it was very laid back and real. They seemed more interested in who you are as a person than the skill sets you have, which is nice for an internship position. They got back to me about the position in less than 2 hours!

Online Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harmelin Media (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in November 2007.

Interview

Excellent atmosphere. People were listening.

Interview Questions

• technical questions on how to design an online media plan   Answer Question
    • Latest trends on the digital world and how to stay up to date   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very fait and gives the employee the ability to negotiate