Harmon Discount Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harmon Discount Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2017

1.6

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harmon Discount in January 2017.

Interview

Applied on Snagajob and 2 weeks later the manager called to set up an interview. went in for an interview the same day. Filled out a paper application and hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Harmon Discount (Cherry Hill, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

It was very friendly. They asked a lot of questions regarding former employment and responsibilities and roles there. They asked why you want to work there and based off that if you would be interested in progressing and moving up into the company.

Interview Questions

• What does customer services mean to you   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harmon Discount (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I was waiting for a while because they were interviewing someone else. It was a very relaxed environment, they guy who interviewed me was very nice and he asked very basic questions. At the end he said or we will call you or I will file your info for the future. I guess they filed it because I didn't get a call back. Either way it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• If i had heard about harmon before hand, and if i had researched the company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harmon Discount (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Very good. The interviewer was very nice. Just be yourself and answer every question correctly and you will get the job. Be confident and be positive. Its a good company. Be prepared and feel comfortable.

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harmon Discount (Parsippany, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

Extremely relaxed no need for any formalities. Interview was more of a meeting where I was told to come in and was told what company was about. It wasnt so much an interview in my personal experience as much as it was when can you begin and also this is what youll have to do. The words "this is not a hard job" were used by the manager at the time. IF theres anything to take away from this its that the interview is not difficult in the slightest.

Cashier/Stock Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harmon Discount in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online at snagajob.com. Was called in for a interview 2 weeks later. First interview with manager then another interview with another manager and was offer the job. Filled out paperwork immediately.

Overnight Stock Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harmon Discount (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

very nice they just wanted to know who i am and my mindset and if i could do the job,i felt no stress in answering there questions,it was less then 10# minutes

Interview Questions

• they wanted to know if i worked overnight before and if i would be able to do so now   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, NJ

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Harmon Discount (Union, NJ) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call from the corporate recruiter. We had a 20 minute conversation about my experience and the company. I was offered to come in for a face to face interview that same week. That interview lasted about an hour where I answered some standard retail management questions that he was reading from a clipboard. He told I was very qualified and that he'd discuss our interview with the district manager and see if he wanted to move forward. I received a rejection letter in the mail a week later. They really passed up a great candidate.

Interview Questions

• What approach did I take in handling difficult customers and employees?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harmon Discount in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online via Snagajob, but they primarily utilize paper applications. I would recommend using an online service since the emails go directly to the store managers, and usually the employees would toss around/damage or ruin the confidentiality of any paper applications turned in. The manager hired me on the spot based on my resume. The interview was a formality. He was upfront with the pay and even admitted that it was less than I deserved due to my work history. He asked no questions about me.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to me?   1 Answer

Cashier/Stock Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harmon Discount in September 2013.

Interview

I applied in the summer and got a response two weeks later. There was no questioning, they just explained what I was going to be doing. Friendly environment. Everyone was very friendly. The interview took no longer than 15 minutes. I was 16 at the time, and all I had to give them were working papers. Also filled out a lot of papers which took a lot of time.