Harness Dickey & Pierce Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Harness Dickey & Pierce

Patent Prosecution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harness Dickey & Pierce (Reston, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was initially wary about interviewing with HDP after reading only negative reviews on Glassdoor. I still went in hopes to dispel the online speculation, but they were only affirmed. When I was greeted by the interviewer, I read a subtle facial expression of shock. I was dressed in business professional attire and high heels (standing slightly under 6ft) while the interviewer was somewhere shorter than 5'5". I had a hunch that this person thought that I was overdressed to a professional interview, but I tried to disregard it as my misinterpretation. From now on, I will always trust my intuition. At one point, the interviewer remarked that "no one wears heels around here" because [they're] always picking up boxes. Clearly this passive aggressive remark was made out of intimidation, which is a clear indication of jealousy. Sadly, this was not the only passive aggressive advance. The position description stated that no previous experience is required since thorough training would be provided. I applied because of that description, and I thought that is why I was called in. Possibly I showed something promising in my cover letter? Talk about hypocrisy. The interviewer's favorite catch phrase was "since you have no IP experience." During the entire interview, I was not asked a single question. They didn't care about my previous and current employment, how I would describe myself, why I think I would be a good fit, other questions like a good interviewer ought to ask. I wish they did not call me in for an interview, I would sincerely appreciate my wasted time back.

Glassdoor reviews of HDP's REAL work culture stands to be true. Gossip, pettiness, cattiness, politics, unprofessionalism. If you wanted to learn the cliche lesson of not working for money, I suggest you go in for an interview and let your introspective thinking run wild immediately after.

Interview Questions

• This was the ONLY question they asked me. They asked about my arts major.   Answer Question

Patent Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harness Dickey & Pierce.

Interview

I applied online with a resume, CV, writing sample and recommendations. I first had a phone interview. The phone interview was about 40 minutes. There were no hard questions, just really pressed about experience and examples. The rest of the interview was about the unique aspects of the position and firm. After the phone interview was an in person interview. The interview was at the firm. It was 1 hr and was pretty much the same format just more in depth.

Legal Secretary Floater Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harness Dickey & Pierce in June 2011.

Interview

I was called in for an interview and one of the H R reps interviewed me and gave me a grammar test that was four pages long. It consisted of spelling and definitions One month later I was called in for a 2nd interview, this time with the H.R. Director I was asked typical questions about what I did in my previous positions and was given the opportunity to ask questions. I have great credentials and they offer training on the Harness Dickey way to do things Yet I was not offered a position because they said I didn't have the background they were looking for.