Harrison and Star Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harrison and Star Interview Questions

2.4

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harrison and Star (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I came in 3 different times and met with all the team members for the account I would be working on. The process was very laid back and gave me a true feeling of what the expectations for the position were and how the team dynamic was.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to switch companies, what I could bring to the position, what I think my weaknesses are as an Account Executive.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harrison and Star.

Interview

Relatively straightforward interview. I got asked all the questions that you should be prepared for (why do you want to work for Harrison and Star, what's your greatest weakness, etc). I had a few questions about how I approach a design problem, and so on. Recruiter was friendly, and the interview lasted maybe 7-10 minutes. I got accepted a few weeks later after the interview, and I had a good internship experience. :)

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Harrison and Star.

Interview

Friendly helpful. Met a long pf people pver a few days. Was given plenty of info onnthe role. Answered all my questions. Asked what i could bring to the table

Copywriter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Harrison and Star.

Interview

I had an in-person interview and a phone interview with someone who couldn't be there live on my interview day. I met with the Creative Directors and the person who would be my direct supervisor.

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Harrison and Star (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Met and chatted with two ACDs, an Art Sup. and a recruiter. Two rounds of questions and a round of portfolio walkthrough. We discussed potential positions as well as which teams need creatives for new start-up projects and the like.

Interview Questions

• what are some of your strongest qualities that you can offer H&S?   1 Answer

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harrison and Star (New York, NY).

Interview

I submitted my resume and was contacted by one of the recruiters. Went through an initial phone screen with routine, common questions. Came in for an initial interview the next week to meet with the hiring manager. Came in for an additional interview later that week to meet with the department head and other employees who were going to be working on my team. Received a phone call at the end of the week letting me know that I got the job. They allowed me to give 2 weeks to the employer I had been working with.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Harrison and Star (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

I first had a phone call with someone from HR and she set up my next interview. I spoke to three different people on the team, but they made me visit the office three times instead of scheduling my interviews for the same day. It did seem like everyone really liked working at the company and many people had been there for a very long time (which is not so typical in this industry).

Interview Questions

• What do you like about Harrison and Star?   1 Answer

Harrison and Star Response

Aug 1, 2016 – VP, Talent Acquisition

Glad you had a positive interview experience and that we ended up hiring you. We really value the candidate interview experience. Thank you for sharing.

- David Yontef - VP, Talent... More

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harrison and Star (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied for the position online, and was called by an HR Representative. I was brought in for an interview for an oncology account, but unfortunately did not receive that position. The HR Rep was SO friendly and said with my experience she really wanted to get a position with the company, so that same week of hearing the bad news, she set me up on another interview with another oncology account. I met with the Senior AE and the VP, Group Account Services and was asked to walk them through my resume, they told me the position. Nothing was really unexpected or out of the ordinary.

Negotiation

They offered me $50,000, but I pushed back to $55,000. Then, after getting manager's approval (since it was over $50k) they offered me $53,000 and I accepted.

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harrison and Star (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Met with 3 people. They weren't really even that interested in my portfolio. All seemed ok, but the place in general seemed kind of dull, not much creative flair, boring and quiet. No one really seemed really excited about the work they were doing. However, those were just my first impressions. Needless to say, I was more impressed by other places I interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the biggest challenges I faced as a copywriter and how did I over came that challenge. (Talk about a cookie cutter question, it seemed like a mock interview from highschool)   1 Answer

Group Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Harrison and Star (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Met with the teams on several rounds. First round was meeting with immediate team including account and copy and art. In the second round met with the senior leadership and in the final round met with the client teams for 2 hours. The process spanned several months and was exhaustive due to the client expectations and a pending relaunch under a brand new account team.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about launches you have worked on?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time you failed and how did you manage the process thereafter?   Answer Question

Other offers were on the table that were ordering more compensation and growth potential.