Hazelden Betty Ford Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.8

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hazelden Betty Ford (Saint Paul, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

Typical behavior interview with a 4 on 1 interview panel. Questions were decided in advanced by panel and they stayed to the questions. 45 minutes answering questions, then 20 minutes for them to answer my questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your ability to challenge management and how successful are you.   2 Answers

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Center City, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hazelden Betty Ford (Center City, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

Group interview process - Set questions with all participating in asking at least two questions, but all would comment with additional clarifying questions related to the initial question. Allowed me to ask questions at the end, that was helpful in determining culture and pulse of the day to day operations.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What is your management style.   Answer Question

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Center City, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hazelden Betty Ford (Center City, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

In-depth and encouraging. Started with phone interview, then 1:1 with hiring manager, then peer interview (4 people, one virtual from Oregon), then a stakeholder interview (5 people from the business area I would be supporting). The whole process took 2.5 months, but I learned a lot along the way and they learned a lot about me.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral based - examples, specific situations, past behavior. Questions based on competencies for the job and standards of behavior required for all staff members.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hazelden Betty Ford.

Interview

If you pass the phone interview, they will have 2 face to face interviews. One interview will be with the hiring manager. If you pass that one, the second interview will be a panel with the team you will be working with.

Interview Questions

• There isn't really any difficult or unexpected questions. They are all very common.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There isn't any.

Clinical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Center City, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hazelden Betty Ford (Center City, MN) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied for the Hazelden Betty Ford Graduate School of Addiction Studies and Co-occurring Disorders online. Was interviewed over the phone. Once my application was accepted, I interviewed with a department head in the graduate school.

Interview Questions

• My motivation for entering the counseling field.   1 Answer

Executive Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Desert, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Hazelden Betty Ford (Palm Desert, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

As a temp with Office Team at the Foundation offsite. Going to be permanent after 8 weeks. The behaved as concerned, upwardly and genuinely caring staff. However it was condescending, rude and extremely stressful to work there. Salaried employees come and go as they please, arrive late, leave early.

Interview Questions

• Asked to participate in interviews then told my opinion didn't count.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Office Team wanted $10K to hire me, we opted for $7K at a later date. The I was told they weren't going to honor me becoming a permanent employee.

Resource Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Center City, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hazelden Betty Ford (Center City, MN) in June 2012.

Interview

Phone, then in person. The interview process was not high pressure, it was very pleasant. The manager asked a list of pretty traditional questions and then went over the specifics of the position.

Interview Questions

• How do I handle emergencies   1 Answer

Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hazelden Betty Ford (Portland, OR) in April 2012.

Interview

Interviewed and Background check took a long time (about 3 weeks). No UA's performed on any employees (I think this is a big mistake because of the nature of the business). Non profit organization.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate. Starting salary good but not able to negotiate for part time WITH benefits.

Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Mirage, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hazelden Betty Ford (Rancho Mirage, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

The hiring and interview process took much longer than expected. Even after being hired, you have to "wait" sometimes for several weeks before you can start. There was not much opportunity to ask questions and, when asked, answers were vague. Some people are warm and friendly during the interview, others are not. When done, you are escorted out like being under surveillance. The interview process was not comfortable.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, but questions asked clearly reflect they are not up on current hospital standards or requirements. This should be a red flag if you hope to stay current in your profession.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The hiring manager acted very offended that I would attempt to negotiate. It has affected the relationship ever since.

Director Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hazelden Betty Ford in October 2009.

Interview

Submitted resume on-line and received an automated reply that it was being reviewed. Given a 2-3 week e-mail response but it actually took about 8 weeks before I received a call to arrange a phone interview. The call was on time and a thirty minute interview was scheduled. I had the ability to ask questions and was prepared to do so after researching the company. I mentioned some people I know at Hazelden and they were receptive to hear that.