Heald College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Heald College Interview Questions

Interviews at Heald College

2.7

Network Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Heald College in July 2010.

Interview

Interview and hiring process was pretty straightforward and laid back, no special comments here. I was a student at first and was hired as a federal work study, which led to my getting the interview to begin with. Positions here are few and far between and I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. The interview was held with the local campus network administrator and the regional IT manager both were very laid back and very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heald College (San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

You are initially interviewed with 20+ other applicants in a room at the same time. They later eliminate you by groups and only keep the group of people they like to move onto the next interview process.

Admissions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heald College.

Interview

Very long process, meet multiple people before selection. It is a very through process, I believe I interviewed 5 times before selection took place of course on top of background and reference checks

Admissions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Heald College.

Interview

Depending on how the hiring manager handles interviews can be the difference. Just be you and bring your A game. You might have a direct or group interview. This will proceed with another interview either or both with piers and middle management. They will make the decision and then a formal approval through upper management's final interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted immediately

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Heald College (San Francisco, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I originally had a brief phone interview and was asked to come in person that same day. Of course that didn't give me enough time to prepare and get ready so I requested for the next day. Went in and met with the Senior Director, Regional Director, the Admissions Director, and then the Senior Director again. I was there for 4 hours. They technically offered me the job on the spot, but made sure I passed the background check to make a formal offer.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Heald College (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

They asked me to come in as soon as possible. So I did, the next day.
    I was excited. When I got to the interview, they asked me some basic questions about myself and told me a lot about the company, it's mission, it's goal, its vision.
    The interview felt more like they were selling me the job instead of my applying. However, after i was hired, the interviewing process god harder.

Now: You have an interview with the president of the school or the senior director of admissions, then you can have either one or two interviews with senior admission staff.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I would negotiate a starting salary. They are sometimes flexible.

Admissions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Heald College in May 2011.

Interview

Group interview first, then they call back the ones they liked out of the group interview. Some people get interviewed once after that and are offered a position, some have to return multiple times. Just depends on how desperate they are to get someone in there. Background check can be a very time consuming process though. Mine was completely clean and still took weeks to go through.

Interview Questions

• None too crazy honestly. They are looking more for a personality type and a work ethic than anything.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The campus president and department director called me and offered me the position, stated my salary offer. I didn't care much about salary and the starting wage is good for no Bachelor's degree so I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Heald College (San Francisco, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

initial communication was for a one-on-one interview, however when I arrived it was a group interview. I didn't mind it once we got going, but it was a little awkward at first.

Interview Questions

• What makes you "not" a good fit for this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Heald College (San Francisco, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

They changed the interview process. Now you have to prepare to do a "mock" phone call, and pretend you're speaking to a potential student while the interviewer is on the other line. It can be hard especially because this might be your first sales job. Very intimidating

Admissions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Heald College.

Interview

The "interview" was terrible! I was placed in a room with at least 30 other people and had to sit and go over a 30 minute powerpoint presentation. The whole job is being a telemarketer and they said you have to be prepared to answer 500+ calls a day. All they care about is their numbers and don't really care about the well being of the student. I was expecting something more personal with students and helping them reach their goals. Not having them just be a number for my quota.