Heald College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 28, 2017

2.7

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heald College (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Literally a phone call. At the tie there was only one other criminal justice instructor and they had n applicants. I had no teaching experience and they hired me in a week and loaded me with two classes. Fortunately I was able to do it and become successful at it.

Interview Questions

• Standard employment questions, employment background, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Finance Accountant & Cost Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madera, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Heald College (Madera, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

A company recruiter contacted me to schedule a phone interview. The interviewer was some regional director, who didn't speak English well and had a tight schedule as he was preparing to fly to Mexico. I also work part-time until I can get hired by someone full-time and tried to schedule any interviews around my part-time job. The interviewer wasn't that accommodating and I had to sit in my car outside of my job in the middle of a hot Fresno summer just to talk to him. I was also scheduled for a face-to-face interview the next day, but that got cancelled because this regional director didn't believe I was a good candidate, based on a phone interview. The situation wasn't very professional on their part, they could have at least allowed me to meet them face-to-face for additional insight from a different person's perspective.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Heald College.

Interview

The whole process took about 2-3 weeks. Interviews consisted of meeting with the department manager, the rest of the department employees, and the Campus President. No major lag times or gaps in communication and they reached out as needed regarding progress or the need for additional information. They were all professional and cordial and everyone seemed nice.

Interview Questions

• How do handle rebuttals from students regarding employment, unemployment, and professionalism?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Heald College (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

Fill out application and meet with manager on the spot. 2nd interview was scheduled two days later. Immediately after interview start date was given and background initiated. Total process time was about 7 days. They were really quick in hiring.

Instructor, College Or University Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Heald College (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

I was an Adjunct who applied for a Full Time position via the Heald Intranet site. My current supervisor contacted me within a week. I met with the Supervisor to go over my resume and qualifications. Then, I was invited to provide a sample lesson plan to a panel of Instructors/Program Directors/AA Director which lasted about 15 minutes. They were excellent "students" and responded well to my example lesson. I used the White Board and a handout and made sure to engage the panel and elicited feedback/responses from them as if I was teaching students.
    I got very nice comments and questions and was offered the position. It helped that I had been adjunct on another campus with great results and got an excellent recommendation from my Supervisor there, but I was also qualified for the position and very enthusiastic about providing a great classroom experience and following all company policies and goals.
    I was given an offer letter and was started out on a salary dictated by corporate for my level of experience and education.

Interview Questions

• How would handle a diverse population of students?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Admissions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Heald College.

Interview

I Receieced a phone call and was asked to come in for a group interview. It as only me and 1 other lady. They gave us a tour of heald and gave us some history of the school. Showed us what they offered the students . Then we met with the president and he interviewed us but he didn't really ask us questions he mainly discussed the working environment of the job . Which sounds great they emphasized on how fun and nice they are there . He was nice . He didn't give us an exact description of the job . It was about an hour long total with the tour and he said if we were interested to email him back if we liked what we saw . He said the hours are not a normal 9-5 they are constantly changing. He said they offer medical, dental and I think vision

Interview Questions

• What do you know about heald college? , what does success mean to you ? What do you like about heald college ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heald College (Modesto, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The job posting didn't specify the "crappy" hours. Don't be SURPRISED! it was a group interview with 15 applicants present. Three step interview process. Lasted about 2 hours. 3 interviews before hired.

Interview Questions

• 40 hour work week. Three nights until 8:30 pm and every other Saturday.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Heald College (Fresno, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Met with two people, then again with multiple individuals. A group panel is typically utilized as part of their screening process. Went through a background test and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• do you know the difference between empathy and sympathy?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiating, very specific with their base pau

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heald College (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

30 Min Powerpoint on history of company, followed by a speech about how to "sell" the school without sounding like a sales person. Afterwards we chatted among ourselves, and were given the opportunity to leave, or to move forward with the next interview.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Heald College (Portland, OR).

Interview

The interview process was simple - submit resume, interview with Academic Director, and complete a teaching demonstration. However, the lack of timeliness and correct information on when, where, and what he teaching demonstration was to be made preparations difficult. Also, they did not respond to follow-up phone calls in a timely manner.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you were faced with a difficult situation. What was the situation, what did you do, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations were done for any position. You were told what they would pay and either accept that or decline the position.