Health Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Health Canada Interview Questions

2.8

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Health Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Without getting an email, I received a call to set up an meeting with managers. Then I met managers. After 2 weeks I received the offer. Very good place to work.

Interview Questions

• Why health canada? What software have you used? For how long?   Answer Question

EAP Telephonic Counsellor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Health Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was interviewed by two people.Even though they asked for bilingual candidate, the entire interview was in french. The questions were pre written. interviewers were very cordial. When I found to explain thing in french the interviewers allow me express in English

Interview Questions

• what would you like to give feed back to your team members?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Health Canada.

Interview

6-8 months after I applied, I had a telephonic interview with the team members, where they asked lot of technical questions. After they were satisfied, there was a written exam where they asked to summarize a written article in one page. Once I cleared it,there was an onsite face to face interview after which I was offered the position in 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions on my current skills and evaluated whether I could do the job.   Answer Question

Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Health Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

They gave me several technical questions. First they asked me to explain the difference between standard error and standard deviance. And then they asked me to give detailed introductions to experiment design. After that, they provided R codes, asking me to explain what they were about. Missing values questions were asked in the interview.

Climate Change and Corporate Knowledge Transfer Bureau Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Health Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

A panel interview with 3 individuals; only 1 asked all of the questions. The interview was long-distance so I was required to use Cisco Webex software which had technical issues. Audio wasn't functioning so I had to use cell-phone for audio. The interview took 45 minutes including questions asked.

Interview Questions

• How would you conduct an environmental health analysis between two select countries?
      What are particular skills you would want to obtain from this position?
      How will you benefit from this position?
      What would be your dream job 5-10 years from now?   Answer Question

I applied for additional positions which were priorities for me so I had to decline this position.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Health Canada.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone with two senior staff. The meeting was held as a group, and the questions were asked individually by each of the two senior staff. The entire process took about half an hour, and I was asked to complete another technical / written test at the end. After finished all my tasks I got my offer, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Mostly technical questions and examples of past experience related to the field.   Answer Question

Junior IT Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Health Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

15 minute phone interview. Asked me 2 - 3 questions about challenges I've faced in the past. Also asked me some basics about my major and what I was doing in school. Pleasant interview overall. Got the job offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult task you faced and how you tackled it.   1 Answer

Finance Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Health Canada (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

First you have to create a log in and fill out the online application. I'm not sure what the hiring process is for other departments but for finance we always had to write 2 tests. The first one is usually multiple choice and then the second one is usually something longer that involves a case study. After you pass the tests you will be invited in to an interview with a panel of 3 people.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions such as tell me a time you had to deal with diversity at the work place.   Answer Question

Economic Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Health Canada in October 2013.

Interview

it was a phone interview by a senior economist. no further interview - just one . half behavioural and half technical questions. at first they ask you about your self and see if you are a good fit- looking for excel and statistical software. very pleasant interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see the heath care system in 20 years. What is the number one concern in the canadian health system   1 Answer

Policy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Health Canada.

Interview

On-line application is standard followed by a written test, then an interview and reference check. The final step is a security clearance check which depending on the level of clearance required can take a few months to be completed.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all your standard behavioural questions - describe a time when you had to deal with diversity...   Answer Question

Negotiation

There isn't one.