Henry Street Settlement Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Henry Street Settlement

2.5

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Henry Street Settlement (New York, NY).

Interview

Supervisors were open, honest, and answered all questions during interview process. Following phone screening, in-person interview was conducted. Supervisors gave a tour of the space and inquired about my experiences and what I hope to learn.

Interview Questions

• What do you find most challenging or an area of improvement for yourself?   2 Answers

Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Henry Street Settlement (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Nice interview. Pleasant demeanor, and open end questions about who I am, what I can offer and situational scenario's. I was left for a spell by the interviewer which I found a bit odd.

Teacher Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Henry Street Settlement (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a one-on-one interview. About 15 minutes. I was asked about my experience, skills and work history, my availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking in the optimal candidate for the job.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I had the opportunity to do more in a classroom as far as educational.   1 Answer

Group Leader Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Henry Street Settlement in September 2011.

Interview

There was an initial group interview make sure you are first to answer and answer the question that is being asked. Once you are chosen you week need to get finger printed and once you are cleared you meet with your site coordinator for a mini interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if two children are arguing and all the students said one started the argument?   Answer Question

Grant Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Henry Street Settlement.

Interview

The interview was very straightforward - how many years experience? How did you come to be involved with this work? Greatest strength?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fast and furious. I was introduced to the whole team before my references were checked.

Grant Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Henry Street Settlement (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a brief phone interview and an in person interview with 2 development staff members and one program staff member. They stressed their competitive attitude towards grant-writing which let me know that this was not the right position for me. If you thrive in a competitive environment, this might be the right place for you. I lose interest in competitive situations very quickly. After the interview, they asked me to complete a writing assignment over the weekend. I've never had anyone ask me for such a long assignment (more than 3 pages) in such a short amount of time (a weekend) with such little information (a nonprofit website). Everyone I met there was very friendly and seemed to have a strong passion for mission.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my grant-writing experience, what my priorities were that week in my current position, and how I work with other departments.   Answer Question

Employment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Henry Street Settlement (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

It was great to meet the managers, and not only ask question regarding my experience. But were interested if my personality would fit the team style. After the first interview, the second interview was with the whole team and they all were asking questions regarding my skills and personality

Interview Questions

• What approach would you make working with candidates with no education or no experience, and want to make more then 15 an hour.   Answer Question

Employment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Henry Street Settlement (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Straight forward interview, but hiring managers were extremely attentive to interview skills. The position requires training others with interview and job search skills, so there are high expectations for your ability to interview. Two round interview. First with two supervisors, second with program team/ future coworkers. I was lucky enough to find some materials from the program itself on effective interview skills. Although the interviewers were friendly and genuinely interested in having a conversation about my compatibility, there was plenty of pressure to perform exceedingly well given the nature of the job.

Client Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Henry Street Settlement (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Waited in a room over a hour. There was no group interview but I did interact with two others who where apply for the same position. Interview was short and to the point.

Interview Questions

Not a good fit for me once I was at the facility.

Crisis Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Henry Street Settlement (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

After sending in my resume and cover letter, I received an email from the Program Coordinator offering a group interview. In the group interview (with about 6 people total), the Program Coordinator and Administrative Assistant gave us an overview of the program as well as the expectations for that specific job. We were then each asked to briefly explain why we would be an asset to this program. Once finished, the floor was opened for questions. The interview lasted under an hour and we were told we'd be emailed if they were interested in moving forward. I received an email within 24 hours offering me the position and began training less than a week later.

Interview Questions

• There was only one question- why would you be an asset to this program?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The program is funded by a grant. They stated they were offering between $15-$20/hour for every employee. I was offered the maximum $20 and did not feel the need to negotiate.