Heritage Auctions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Heritage Auctions Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heritage Auctions.

Interview

I took a few tests; number sequence and "what would you do" then met with the hiring managers. Then met with the Director and was offered the job the next day.

Jewelry Cataloger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Heritage Auctions (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

*Brief conversation with HR over the phone (very friendly and helpful)

*online assessment tests (must score a certain percentage to move on to second step)

*after passing first assessment test you will be given another at home test (mostly personality questions to see how you will fit in with the rest of the staff, be honest, and read these questions carefully. They will know if you are only answering with what sounds like the correct answer. There is no correct answer honestly. But answer honestly to questions like "I have never ever told a lie before"

*in person assessment tests (basic math that requires you to answer as many as possible before the timer is up). Also a handwriting sample where they ask you to write about a recent good memory.

*face-to-face interview asking about past experiences in the jewelry field, GIA certifications, good and bad experiences working with past clients. Questions about special skills and working with gemological equipment. Questions about previous employment positions and why they should hire you.

I met the majority of requirements for the position but lost all interest halfway through the face to face interview after they mentioned salary ($35,000) with zero room for growth (which I figured out on my own). On top of that you could work anywhere from 8:00am to the early next morning if approaching a deadline (which happens quite often apparently). Overall you'd come out making about minimum wage to be quite honest.

This job is not recommended for someone with a family life. More like a job for singles.

Interview Questions

- Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Heritage Auctions (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applied online, exchanged emails, went to location for in person interview. Although I did not receive the job, both HR and hiring manager were very helpful with feedback. It did take a while for them to get back to me, but I suspect they were negotiating with the person who won the job. Positive experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Heritage Auctions (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Very easy. Apply online. Hear back from HR through email or phone. They'll ask you some questions on phone then you do two in person interviews. The first one you talk with HR and you take the Wonderlic test and provide a writing sample of the most recent time you had a good experience with anything. Then you did a numbers association test. Took about 1-2 hours. The second interview is with the department manager. They asks basic questions, nothing too hard.

Credit Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Heritage Auctions.

Interview

strict IQ , personality tests and face to face interview. Personality tests are taken at home, followed by IQ test , essay writing, then IQ test after all this you will have a face to face interview with HR and then hiring manager.

Senior App Dev Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Heritage Auctions (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Started off with a phone screen. Next was a face meeting. Then I got to meet upper managers. Quick meeting with team members. They showed me the app they are working on. I showed them an app I had written. Then we talked tech for a while. Wateched the CIO solve a Rubik's cube rather quickly :-)

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Heritage Auctions (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Email response to application, requires several online assessment tests. Brief phone interview. In person interview and more assessment tests, including a writing sample. More in person interviews. Takes a long time for HR to get back to you about your status.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation on hourly rate. They did, however, offer me a place to stay in their corporate apartment until I found an apartment of my own.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Heritage Auctions (Dallas, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was average difficulty. Lengthy, but not extremely difficult. First you interview with recruiter one on one and then take a couple of tests at headquarters and at home. These tests are handwritten and computer based and focus on your skills and personality. Once these tests are complete, you wait until your background and drug tests come out clean and wait for the recruiter to call back with their answer/offer.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Heritage Auctions.

Interview

HR was pretty quick to respond to my resume and within 1 1/2 weeks I had a phone interview. Three days later I had an in person interview and the next day an offer. There call back time was very good.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Heritage Auctions in March 2014.

Interview

I had to under go two Phone Interviews that lasted 30 minutes to 60 minutes. I did one in person interview with human resource at head quarters that included two tests: personality and number association. Both conducted in the building. Afterwards I had a walk around interview with the department manager.

Interview Questions

• Can you lift 20 pounds or more? Do physical Labor.   1 Answer