Heritage Foundation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Heritage Foundation Interview Questions

2.5

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Heritage Foundation in March 2016.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted about an interview about 6 weeks later. This period of time made me nervous, however, the interview was over an hour along and I received an offer via email immediately after hanging up the phone. I don't think an hour long interview is normal, but my interviewer and I just had a lot in common so the conversation was easy.

Interview Questions

• They asked what pieces of conservative policy I cared about the most and why   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Heritage Foundation.

Interview

The interview process is thorough. They questioned me on all of my resume pieces and were eager to hear about my experiences. Additionally, they will pick at your application responses to their questions, so it is important to keep a record of them. Furthermore, they like to throw throw a couple curveball questions. After two interviews, one with a department member and then a department head, you are in.

Intern Interview

Interview

Submit an application online (resume, 2 letters of recommendations and short responses). I was contacted for a phone interview which took under 30 minutes. There was a quick turn-around within a few days and had to accept the offer within a few days.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Heritage Foundation in July 2015.

Interview

Got in touch with a supervisor to set up a phone interview. The interview was conversational and covered topics such as work experience and political beliefs. There were questions regarding specific policy issues. There was also time set aside for a q & a about what I was looking for in the internship and how the internship could help me reach goals.

Interview Questions

• How would you best describe your political beliefs?   1 Answer

Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Heritage Foundation in June 2015.

Interview

There is no set process because it is determined by your supervisor who may have you interview multiple times or just once. However, I was interviewed twice, first by my immediate supervisor than by the Membership Associate. Overall, the process was very casual and my interviewer was very engaging.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about yourself
      - What are your long term goals
      -Describe your organizational and stress management skills
      -Tell me about a time where you had a conflict and how you resolved it

-Just a note: you should have at least 2 questions to ask at the end of the interview
      Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Heritage Foundation (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

Really quick turn around, between 2 weeks-1 month. I sent over cover letter, resume, and my writing sample and they emailed me that i got the interview and set it up two weeks away. The entire interview was very focused on personality/previous accomplishments. They didn't ask any knowledge-based questions. It's much easier for former interns/connections to get through this process. They very rarely hire blindly/from the pool of random people that apply online.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where you didn't know what was expected of you   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Heritage Foundation in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was over the phone and extremely relaxed; it is clearly used as mostly just a screening process. The interview process varies across departments; some ask for names of leaders at Heritage who influenced you. Be sure to know your resume and the answers to questions from your application. I received an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Why Heritage?
      Most important public policy issue to address?
      What are two of your strengths and two of your weaknesses?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Heritage Foundation in October 2014.

Interview

Application was rigorous through the university as it required letters of recommendation, a lengthy application process, coupled with an interview in front of a board. Had an advantage as a second time applicant and recent graduate. This was followed by a written application via the Heritage Foundation's website and a phone interview with the supervisor.

Interview Questions

• The department I entered at the Heritage Foundation was with Marketing Technology. Generally most of the questions centered around computer proficiency and career goals.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Heritage Foundation (Washington, DC) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview begins with a phone call. The phone call takes 20 minutes and covers an array of questions which pertain to the specialty you are seeking. The hiring process is 1 month. You must prepare and felt back on the application questions and be up to date on current policy measures to know and understand what's going on.

Interview Questions

• What is a book you have read that had an impact on your policy views?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heritage Foundation (Washington, DC) in June 2014.

Interview

I was called and offered the position after applying through the online application. The application is very extensive but I was glad the interview wasn't that big of a deal.