HighMount Exploration Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at HighMount Exploration

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HighMount Exploration (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2012.

Interview

There is not much to say regarding the hiring and interview process. From inside the company it seems as if you can breathe they will give you a job.

The culture there did not feel right. It seemed as if the employees were happy on the surface but underneath held contempt for each other or the company.

Communications Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HighMount Exploration (Houston, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

Began with a phone interview, it went very well. The 1:1 interviews were very positive, and I had a great energy with the interviewers (Two 1:1 interviews). They were forgiving of my mistakes and understood I was new to the corp. environment, made me feel comfortable, recognized my efforts from the beginning.

The only problem is that they took so long to accept me. I can understand maybe one week, but they kept me strung for quite a while. Once I finally called to find out their final decision, they again said they'd call me back. I had to continue my job search just in case, so I picked up a part time to handle pending expenses. Once they'd accepted me, I told them I'd like to start ASAP, and they said that that was great, and they'd let me know. They kept me waiting about a month just to start, without ever giving me an official start date. So I continued with my part time, thank heavens I had that, because for them to just keep me waiting wasn't right. If they had just said that they'd like to start me with the first pay period of the new year, I would have understood, but to just string me along like that wasn't cool.

In the end, my experience here has been positive so far, and I look forward to continue growing in more directions than I'd anticipated when I'd graduated. Thanks, HighMount!

Interview Questions

• There was nothing unexpected; my interviewers were very social beings, and enjoyed talking.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, I was able to negotiate, although I was clumsy! : ) As an intern, you don't get benefits, and the title, "Intern" allows for less pay. I was going to be getting paid $5 more per hour at my other part time, as they'd hired me as a beginning professional designer. But I wanted the corp. and growth experience, so for me it was worth the effort and pay drop. However, $5 less/hour is quite a drop, so I was able to ask for pay between $20-$25/hour. They accepted me at $23/hour, and so I'm getting only $2 less/hour than I was at my part time. That's a good start for a carreer, in my opinion.

As a fresher to the corp. world, I would just advise that, especially as a female, you never pass up negotiations. It's definately a skill to be learned, and as you learn it, you will benefit in the future, for asking for pay raises, bonuses, and other negotiations. There are a couple ladies here that didn't learn to be assertive in this manner and now regret it, but also can't muster the courage to do it even now. Men are expected to be able to do this, and don't have as much pressure when they do it, so Ladies, you gotta have some courage! Learn your negotiations!!

Production Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at HighMount Exploration in August 2010.

Interview

Staffing Agency lined up the initial call interview. Talked over the phone a week later, then had a face to face about 4 weeks after.

Interview Questions

• Detailed job duties outlined by your position and how they may conflict with the leadership or direction of management; how do you deal with said conflict   Answer Question