Hilmar Cheese Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hilmar Cheese Company Interview Questions

2.5

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hilmar Cheese Company (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Thorough and very well organized. The interview had two stages. Both of them involves phone conversations. I got to talk to the HR managers as well as the Process Engineers. They gave me a clear in sight of what they were looking out for in an intern position. The process was completed in a month's duration and thus, was not very exhausting.

Interview Questions

• My past technical experiences in the industries.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was worth it and they offered me good accommodation too.

R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hilmar Cheese Company (Davis, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Sat down with an HR manager face to face. We went through my resume one section and header at a time throughout the entire interview. General behavior questions were asked. Questions about my resume were asked. Not too hard of an interview since the lady was nice but not knowledgeable in what the company does or job position.

Chilldale Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Hilmar Cheese Company (Boise, ID) in May 2015.

Interview

Call back from app; 3 panel interview. I had to perform a variety of personality quizzes as well as a drug screen in front of the panel. I then was interviewed by the CEO. He was very nice and wore a nice suit: chambray.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilmar Cheese Company.

Interview

There were two phone interviews. The first was with HR, and the second was with the head of the department I would work under. First interview was behavioral. Second one was just an explanation of the project. I heard the other interns had up to four interviews. There were no other interviews for me except the phone ones.

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hilmar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilmar Cheese Company (Hilmar, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Interview was intense, about six managers on one. It is difficult to answer questions back to back. But you do get to meet plenty of people. They were nice and respectful as well.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hilmar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilmar Cheese Company (Hilmar, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview with supervisor and manager. About 30 min. Was required to take written test timed on math and other skills. Was offered the job a week later. Had to pass background check and hair follicle drug test.

Interview Questions

• Do you mind working odd hours and overtime?   1 Answer

Micro Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dalhart, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hilmar Cheese Company (Dalhart, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

HR department and two lab supervisors. They took turns asking questions. Mostly about which job you liked the best and the least. The whys. The asked about your background. How did you hear about Hilmar Cheese.

Summer Help Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dalhart, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hilmar Cheese Company (Dalhart, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

I first had a phone interview and after a week I was called back for a face to face interview. My interview was with a panel of supervisors as well as the HR department.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work experience do you have to relate to HIlmar?   Answer Question

Production Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dalhart, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilmar Cheese Company (Dalhart, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

they make you test, then they interview you via a panel of managers. You must pass a physical and a hair drug analysis. They ask run of the mill questions, tell us about yourself, how would you describe your work ethic, how are your communication skills, do you work well with others, are you afraid of heights, do you make safety a priority, if you could describe yourself in 5 words - what would they be and why, are you punctual, are you comfortable with physical labor?

Interview Questions

• With no previous experience in this field, why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilmar Cheese Company in January 2011.

Interview

I submited an application online and one and half months later HR ask for a interview. I meet with a panel of supervisors consition of Whey Production, Receiving, Processing, and Labratory. The supervisors were very friendly and courtious. The meeting began by each of them introducing themselves and the department they oversee. I was asked to tell them about myself. I touched on key responsiblities that I performed at each of my previous jobs.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiations. The beginning pay rate is 12.35/hr for the first three months and then 13.00/hour after that. Dalhart is a rural town with limited housing. There are no apartments complexes and the rental houses are very expensive (850.00/month) and the house are also very old and deteriated. Therefore, a commute from a nearby town is nesessary. Amarillo, Dumas Stratford, Clovis NM are about 40 miles away in each direction. The fuel consumption is going to be costly.

Dalhart, Tx was a bad choice to establish a manufacturing company it is very rural and desoliate. The only reason I can think of for build the plant in Dalhart is that the tax rate in Sherman County is lower than in Moore County for industrial property.