Home City Ice Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 5, 2017

1.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Home City Ice

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Home City Ice.

Interview

Pretty straight forward just went in and they made sure i wasn't a scum bag, didn't have a bad driving record, and criminal record. they are pretty straight up so if you are just honest and you meet the requirments they'll hire you

Interview Questions

• Have you had a speeding ticket within the last 3 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Home City Ice (Toledo, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

After calling to ask about hiring they had me come in the next day for an interview. The interview was very relaxed and comfortable and I felt very positive about the entire experience. They asked me questions about my past job experience and skills/abilities. We discussed what the job was like and what kind of things I would be doing.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever driven a bigger vehicle? Have you had any very physically demanding jobs in the past?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morton, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Home City Ice (Morton, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Asked if i like to drive if i could do it for close to 12 hours a day and deliver ice. He wanted to make sure I'm right for the job so he said im going to ride with other people for a week.

Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home City Ice.

Interview

Met the manager, asked about my background and experience. Took a drug test and filled out paperwork. If you come in and are well spoken, neatly dressed, punctual and can pass driving background questions, you will likely be hired.

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Home City Ice.

Interview

Hardly any interview questions asked. If you knew someone who worked there and had a clean driving record, you pretty much had the job. They go over the details of the job, the hours, the areas covered, and pay (commission). Started almost right away. Watched safety videos, got your uniform, and hopped in the truck until you got your class C permit.

Driver Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Home City Ice.

Interview

apply to ad. show up for interview. get asked basic questions about your personality, puntuality, work ethic, etc. no need to dress up. they are looking for college kids that need a summer job. act decent and you will, most likely, be hired

Interview Questions

• do you have a valid drivers license?
      do you have a working alarm?
      do you have reliable transportation?
      any problem working on commission?
      any problem working the summer holidays?
      want to make a lot of money this summer?
      people person?
      Answer Question

Production Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home City Ice (Grand Rapids, MI) in June 2014.

Interview

They asked basic questions then toured the facility. This was literally it. Now I am just writing extra to hit my word minimum, I am just trying to help the community. This would be a great job for high schoolers or people trying to get on their feet.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Delivery Interview

Interview

Met with John Underwood in Nashville, TN at their satellite terminal. Very quick and was hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in La Vergne, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Home City Ice (La Vergne, TN) in April 2014.

Interview

Very Laid back. Come into the office and ask you about your background and driving history. Also, tell you what you would be doing. Show you around the freezer and trucks. I found out a few days later that I got the job. I only worked during the summer. That is the busiest time of year and the best time to make a lot of money.

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Doraville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home City Ice (Doraville, GA) in May 2013.

Interview

I went to there warehouse in Doraville, GA. It was a really easy interview process. It was more informational than an actual interview. They really needed dependable workers. They show you the Ice manufacturing plant and I toured around the warehouse. It was a really easy and simple interview process. They also ask you about your work schedule and what sifts work best for you.