Home Fundraising Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Home Fundraising Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2017

1.7

Fundraiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Home Fundraising.

Interview

Group interview for the first stage. Then training on a particular charity with a 1:1 to test you on the training. It's pretty easy and straightforward. It's important to just be yourself and come across as a fun person.

Interview Questions

• State a problem and explain how you would solve said problem   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Home Fundraising (Coventry, RI).

Interview

The interview was almost too relaxed. It was a group interview where interviewees turned up in very casual clothes.
    We were not asked questions, but were given a presentation about the company and two activities.

I passed and was put through to Initial Assessment which was from 10 to 5. We were left to ourselves in a room unsupervised for the accumulation of around 3 hours.

The best thing about this company is the other fundraisers you will meet. In my opinion, the interview and training isn't great.

Interview Questions

• Pair up and present to everyone why your partner is perfect for this role.   Answer Question
    • What is an issue you in the world that you feel passionate about and what solution do you have for this problem.   Answer Question

Fundraiser Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Home Fundraising.

Interview

It takes 13 hours!! Something which is not made clear for you when you turn up to the first interview, which is a very informal group interview. The next 2 days are more like training with an assessment at the end, which would be very hard to fail as it's just practicing what they've already made you practice to death. Only paid for these 12 hours training if you stay for 30 shifts, which I don't believe many do,

Interview Questions

• Describe the person sitting next to you - would you recommend them for this job?   Answer Question

Charity Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Home Fundraising (Nottingham, England (UK)).

Interview

I was given an interview, descriped as a student job, but they wanted me to work 3 days a week minimum travelling East Midlands while at uni, meaning I'd have to leave for the location very early. The whole process wasted around an hour and a half of my time.

Door to Door Home Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Home Fundraising (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was a group one - 10 people at the time. It was actually better to have a group interview, because it was much more relaxed.
    The interview holder was leading us through the company presentation, and asked some questions in the process. Everything was relaxed, inspiring, they encouraged us to behave and talk naturally, being ourselves.

Interview Questions

• The interview was a group one - 10 people at the time. We had to perform a few tasks:
      - we were given 10 minutes to pair up with someone and get to know them in order to give a presentation of why that candidate is the ideal person for this job role.
       Individual task - given 10mins to pick a problem in the world currently and come up with a solution to this problem.
      what qualities makes a good Home Fundraiser?
      Answer Question

Aquisitior Dor to Door Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Home Fundraising (Leeds, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview holder was leading us through the company presentation, and asked some quiestions in the process. Everything was relaxed, inspiring, they encouraged us to behave and talk naturally, being ourselves.

Interview Questions

- 10 minutes interview of one of the candidates there in the room, and then "your best" description why he is best for the job
      - "Inspiring" talk about a trouble/cause you care about.
      Answer Question

Entry Level Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Home Fundraising (Sheffield, England (UK)).

Interview

It was more of a group presentation about the opportunity you can have where they just described what money you can earn to lock you in, and they also said they only had 2 jobs available. Which created the fear of loss for inexperienced people in this field of work. We had a few tasks, like speaking in front of the group which is easy if your a natural public speaker. Over all it was fun! I did meet great people.

Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home Fundraising (Sheffield, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was quick and fun. i got to meet new people and learnt new expreience.
    i thought the manager was nice and simply. the presentation to the job was very clear.

Charity Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Home Fundraising (Manchester, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

we had group interview for 2 days which wasn't actually an interview but a training session, before this training session i had a phone conversation which would qualify as interview, what one needs is basically to bring himself in full capacity and good mood, at end of day 2 we had practical test on what we had learned and basically on how we can "pitch" to others

Charity Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Home Fundraising (Manchester, England (UK)).

Interview

Group interview, didn't seem to get to know people individually. Thrown into a big group for training. Once again, didn't seem to get to know people. Hired everyone in the room.

Interview Questions

• Nothing of importance. Things like 'if you could have one super power what would it be?' Nothing relevant to the job at hand.   2 Answers