HomeSense Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at HomeSense

2.3

1. Featured Interview

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at HomeSense (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in February 2018.

Interview

Had a walk-in interview with Homesense during the job fair for their new west Edmonton store. Had to go through two rounds of interviews follwed by a reference check and was offered the job in a week.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with a difficult/tough customer?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HomeSense (Framingham, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

They were doing a mass-hire to open a new store
    I applied online, they contacted me a few days later asking for an interview - most people applied in person and interviewed on the spot
    Interview was simple, no difficult questions
    They contact references

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge you faced and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HomeSense (Woodbridge, ON (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

I dropped off my resume and filled out an application. A few months later I got a call asking me to come in for an interview. So I went in and did the interview. It took them 10 days to call my references. I called them and they informed me that I had gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• What was a past experience you had with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HomeSense in March 2014.

Interview

I spoke to one of the assistant managers and she asked me to fill an application. They called me for a in person interview witht the store manager. Some questions were very basic, and some were innecessary for the position.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next five years?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Solihull, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HomeSense (Solihull, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview was very relaxed and informal, seemed more of a conversation about getting to know the candidate, was very misleading though as the Store Manager is not the same as they came across in the interview.

Interview Questions

• How does a retail store ensure it runs smoothly from top to bottom.   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HomeSense in December 2009.

Interview

Initial phone screening. this was about 20 minutes to go over my resume and my work experience at each relevant employer. I was given an appointment for a more indepth phone interview from the recruiting dept at HR in Montreal. This was scheduled a week later and lasted approximately two hours. At this stage I was asked a series of situational leadership questions about my prior job experiences. Mostly, I recall going through how I mentored, developed, recruited, coached and provided feedback to people in my role as a leader. I needed to provide examples of how i dealt with poor performance as well as take them through some steps of grooming new leaders. My third interview was with the District Manager in her local office.who asked me some similar questions on leadership, teamwork, prioritizing workload. She was more social and easy going, and put me at ease and showed me around the storel

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HomeSense (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

Its basically the interviewer ask for experienced, some health and saftey questions and how to handle with customers and she also ask whats my availabilty if willing to work in the weekends and night shifts

Interview Questions

• How to deal with upset customer   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HomeSense in July 2014.

Interview

I had applied online, and had gotten a call for an interview a few weeks later. It was a pretty standard interview, i was interviewed by the head manager as well as the assistant manager, taking turns to ask questions. The questions were all mostly leadership questions, asking mostly about how you did in groups, and how well you lead groups in certain situations. They also asked questions about how well you would do in situations in which you were under pressure, or if it was up to you to do something a certain way. Overall, there were no curve balls, it was all pretty expected.

Interview Questions

• As said above, all the questions were pretty standard, but the one i had the most difficulty with was: "Describe a time where you had a disagreement with management, and how you overcame it".   2 Answers

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HomeSense.

Interview

Called for an interview for position. Interviewed with an operational/warehouse manager and was explained the job in detail as to what a day may look like. Manager stated she would contact either way after interview and did not hear back at all.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HomeSense (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online received call to set up interview 2 weeks later. Interview was very relaxed. Manager was kind and understanding. I was told he would call my references. Recieved a call 2 days later offering me the job but I had already accepted another job (closer to home)