Hood & Strong Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hood & Strong

Sort:

Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hood & Strong (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with the firm recruiter. She was super nice and took time to answer all of my questions. I was invited to the office (very nice office) and I met with a partner and a senior. The interview was great and everyone I met was nice and I felt very welcomed and I appreciated that. Most of the other firms I've met with have not been very friendly or welcoming.

Interview Questions

• What are my exceptions? What type of work interests me? What are my strengths?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hood & Strong (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Emailed, received a quick phone screen, went in for office interview with partner and senior. No technical questions. Awkward environment because senior seemed like he didn't want to be there. Partner talked a lot and I wasn't sure when to step into the conversation.

Senior Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hood & Strong (San Francisco, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Interview process consisted with the phone screen as well as Group Interview. First, there was a screening phone call from HR Manager, then I was invited to the interview with a panel of two people, and at the end, I had a meeting with two partners. Interviewers were friendly, asked general questions about my qualification and previous experiences with other employers. Overall experience from the interview was positive.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Where do you see yourself in five years.   Answer Question

Tax Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hood & Strong (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

talked to recruiter via phone. she was very nice and informative. very pleasant conversation, i was very interested after our phone call. set up an in person interview and met with two partners and a manager, all were nice and easy to talk to. asked technical questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they gave me a great offer, no need for me to negotiate.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hood & Strong (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by their recruiter. She was nice and very knowledgeable about tax, the firm and public accounting in general. She provided a lot of information and gave me the time to ask all of my questions which she answered and I am sure she has answered the same questions over and over again but she was so patient.

Interview Questions

• Technical Skills, Long term goals, expectations   1 Answer

Tax Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hood & Strong (San Francisco, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the Director of Firm Recruiting, Jennifer, regarding a position. She was very nice, informative, willing to answer any of my questions and was a constant throughout the entire process. There was a telephone conversation with her, and an in office interview with two directors and one senior tax accountant.

The interviewers were personable and the interview emphasized my previous work experience and included some specific questions about my experience with partnerships and international tax.

Overall it was a pleasant experience and I felt comfortable and confident that they not only had a well rounded impression of me, but that I understood what the firm had to offer and the environment as well.

Interview Questions

• Questions based off your resume and how large/ complex the projects were that you've worked on   Answer Question