Hostelworld Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Hostelworld Group

2.8

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hostelworld Group (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Awful experience. Wasting peoples time for their own benefit.
    Seemed like an opportunity for someone to practice interviewing.
    No longer any sign of them on the Best Place to Work list???

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hostelworld Group.

Interview

General questions about previous work experience and how I would manage the job on a daily bases. Followed by a brief introduction of the company itself. Very friendly and welcoming

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Porto, Oporto (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hostelworld Group (Porto, Oporto (Portugal)) in March 2019.

Interview

I received an e-mail to schedule an interview shortly after applying. The interviewers were very nice during the interview and asked interesting questions. However, they promised a prompt response that never arrived and ignored all my e-mails ever since.

CRM Campaign Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hostelworld Group (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2019.

Interview

First met with someone from the HR department to ensure I was familiar with the company and their activity then met with the person in charge of the CRM campaigns. Discussed past experiences and how they could fit in the company.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hostelworld Group (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2018.

Interview

Did not have any phone screen. I was called straight in for an interview and had onsite interview within a matter of days. The interview itself lasted approx half an hour.

Interview Questions

• Basic competency questions . Followed up twice with HR after interview and got no response, very disappointed to have had no reply after attending onsite interview   Answer Question

Market Exe Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hostelworld Group (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2017.

Interview

Great feelings, felt totally at ease. Hiring managers are completely available to make you feel comfortable and already part of the company, starting from the welcome tea to the last smile before leaving the building.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hostelworld Group (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Very thorough, 2 stages. One meet and greet followed by presentation focusing on improvements to a particular service feature.

Presentation was very challenging given time constraints for a broad topic but I enjoyed preparing and delivering it

Interview Questions

• What challenges do you think we will face in the next 5 faces   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hostelworld Group (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview was easy, without any analytical or behavioural questions. All the basic questions as usually on most of interviews. Interview is usually with manager and team leader. I applied online, after few days got an email for interview, 2 days after the interview I got an offer and accepted it.

Interview Questions

• What languages I speak fluently, my previous experience, challenges i faces etc..   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hostelworld Group (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in July 2013.

Interview

I had a technical assignment where I was given about 45 mins to write object oriented code to develop a blog site, this was followed up by a general introduction to the company and then questions about my experience.

Interview Questions

• General questions, nothing extraordinary   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hostelworld Group (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2012.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me, submitted CV on my behalf, went through a ~1h phone screening, followed by a ~3h long onsite interview. Then got an offer.