Hostos Community College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Hostos Community College

2.5

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hostos Community College (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

The process was good , some people are more professional than others. They ask questions and give false information as well. They unrealistic views about the department. People aren't treated fairly, you are either liked by race or you are liked because you were brought in by family or friend. If you aren't you are secluded to the side.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect out of our company?   1 Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hostos Community College (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

It was very long and being that I have bank experience, I was surpised that the person interviewing me was only asking me questions about UncommonGoods and not about the banks that I worked at.

Interview Questions

• What did you do at your last job?   1 Answer

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hostos Community College (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

Several interviews after an initial networking conversation. I met the person who became my boss 10 years prior. I called him to refer someone who seemed a good fit for the campus. When he learned I was also available he suggested that I be considered for the position. Within a few months, I was hired.

Interview Questions

• My supervisor already seemed committed to hiring me, so no unexpected questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated $52,000 starting out, with a raise to $55,000 after several months.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hostos Community College (Bronx, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Was called for a phone interview on the spot then was called back the next day to schedule an in person interview. I went to the interview which was located in a Trailer in the back of a school. The office was disorganized and the interview was unprofessional. There was a ton of confusion between the recruiter and the hiring manager over what position I was applying for. The position I applied for was filled but there were other positions open. They could not find the job description. During the interview people were coming in and out the room. After the interview I had to take an assessment which asked me about dial up and floppy disks. That is way before my time. Overall I am thankful for the opportunity but I would not waste my time working for Hostos.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hostos Community College (Bronx, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

It was very easy process. I took class from my prof. and he recommend me to work as a tutor because i had bachelor degree from foreign country already. They checked my grtades, asked some questions and ready to go

Institutional Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hostos Community College (Bronx, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I received a call from the receptionist and gave me an appointment to be at an interview the next day. From there, I and another two students from the university were interviewed, We were asked a few questions.

Interview Questions

• If I was able to research at home.   1 Answer

Print Shop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hostos Community College (Bronx, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

They've asked me about my qualifications and my skills to find out which task I'm good at. While being interview, one of the staff took me around the printing office for a tour so that I would be aware what other employees do inside the facility such as learning to process on the Xerox and Minolta production printers.

Interview Questions

• Have you done Work Study before?   1 Answer
    • At which place you've done Work Study?   1 Answer

IT Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hostos Community College (New York, NY) in December 2018.

Interview

Awaiting my 2nd interview. There was 3 staff interviewing me. Some of the interview questions was technical questions and HR questions. The staff was very welcoming and polite.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you handled a difficult customer/client and how did you resolve their issue   Answer Question

Custodial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hostos Community College (Bronx, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview process, there were two people, who asked different questions about machines and how do you know how to use them. I was ask if hired can you work any hours and weekends .

Interview Questions

• I was ask are you sure you can handle lifting 50 lbs or more.   1 Answer

Negotiation

July be yourself and truthful

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hostos Community College (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

was fast and the person guide me through paper work, she placed me with the children to see if I would fit right in. The person would look through a glass window to see interaction.

Interview Questions

• why did you leave your former job?   1 Answer