Houghton College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.7

Sort:

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houghton, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Houghton College (Houghton, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

Initial interviews (2) were held over the phone. The in-person interview consisted of various question/answer sessions with administrators and the department. A guest lecture was given in my discipline. I was required to drive to the interview as funds were not available for a plane ticket. Following the one-day interview I ate breakfast with the Department chair and returned home. 3 days after the in-person interview, an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Describe your faith journey   1 Answer

Negotiation

I attempted to negotiate for increased retirement benefits and compensation but the college was unwilling to change their offer. As this was my only job offer, I accepted it. Later negotiations to seek a raise based on merit was declined by the administration. Houghton is a fair share institution. As a result, it does not matter if you teach overtime, volunteer, publish, or participate outside your job role. Compensation will remain the same.

Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houghton, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Houghton College (Houghton, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Short and lacking. The head of HR and Chief Financial Officer conducted the interview. He asked me questions that seemed like they were out of a 1990's HR manual. He seemed disinterested and quite frankly, lazy.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard and shallow interview questions. The head of HR acted like he couldn't either way.   1 Answer

Interview

Interviewed three times and then hired. Was not sent to training for two years.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Assistant Professor of Violin and Viola Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houghton, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houghton College (Houghton, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with the Chair of the Department and a formal selection committee. I gave a recital and a masterclass with some of their selected students. The entire process was done in a very professional way. The Chair of the Department is an extremely kind and knowledgeable person.