Houston Astros Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Houston Astros Interview Questions

2.8

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houston Astros.

Interview

Lots of group interviews, a few 1 on 1s with different directors. Was actually a fun process and got to attend the game! Met a lot of great people when doing the interview

Interview Questions

• We had to come up with lots of things on the spot and within 5-10 seconds. Was just hard to roll things off the tongue in that time.   Answer Question

Guest Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Houston Astros (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied and in a week got a call from HR for a phone interview. Questions were really easy, and then I went in for an interview. Got offered on the spot. Whole process took two weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation because it was a part time.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Houston Astros.

Interview

I filled out a form online and didn't hear back for two months, so I just thought I didn't make the cut. I then got a call from their HR intern wanting to set up an interview. They left a voicemail because I was busy when they called. I wasn't able to call back that day, but the day after the head of the department I was applying for called. I talked to him and set up a Skype interview. It went well and they scheduled another one with me the next day so I could meet the other employee in the department. Both interviews went well and the next day I got a call back from HR saying I got the position!

Interview Questions

• Just your typical interview questions. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was an unpaid internship, so there was no negotiating.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Houston Astros in April 2014.

Interview

I had two phone interviews and then had to complete a small research project utilizing PowerPoint. The first interview was with the Director of Business Strategy & Analytics. He asked general questions about my background and why I wanted to work on the business side of baseball. He also asked a few technical questions about how to analyze data sets. The next phone call was with the VP of Marketing & Strategy. This phone conversation was more casual and he asked more general questions. Following the two interviews, I was asked to complete a project where I had to submit a single PPT slide demonstrating market research of a company.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Houston Astros (Houston, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

A lot of phone calls before actually behind invited down to minute maid park. When invited, there was about 40 interviewees split into two days. You went through a series of questions in a group setting, one on one setting, ball park tour, then a game where you went head to head rapid fire with your other competitor for the job. Overall really fun day. So happy I went.

Guest Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Houston Astros (Houston, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

Only one interview but i was referred and things couln't have been better for the time i was there.

Negotiation

i really wasnt in a position to negotiate but like i said i took what was expected.