Houston Texas Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Sort:

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Houston Texas Consulting (Houston, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a headhunter from the Houston area. I had 2 sit down interviews with the company. We talked about the companies clients and what the game plan is for expansion. The company has extremely high goals and great clients. Having a chance to be face to face with the team was something that really calmed my nerves since I am currently employed I was worried that I would have to quit my current job before accepting a position. Company has a lot of positions available and is expanding in this kind of economy is why I decided to chase the position. Organic growth speaks to my ears. I have been pasted up for promotion 1 to many times.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Houston Texas Consulting (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

When I received the phone call from Houston Texas consulting, I was under the impression that this would be an advertising / ad agency type of work. I was explained a "Generic" description of the job / position available and I just recently moved to the area and needed to find employment. I was told the location, to bring a resume and dress appropriately (which I did all of the above), when I arrived, I filled out the application they requested. Waited 10 minutes and met with a "Hiring" Manager. The interview lasted only 10 minutes and I was told they would pass their recommendations to their "clients" and that if I was selected I would receive a phone call by 2:00p.m. It was never explained to me what they actually do. If it is a sales position, then please tell me up front. I am very confused to this day as to what they do. Also, the website is very vague. It just didn't seem like a fair shot or an legitimate business.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I interviewed at Houston Texas Consulting (Houston, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

Houston Texas Consulting offers a exciting and diverse consulting opportunities. The managing directors and associate partners emphasize growth for employees - if you bring in new business, suggest innovative new ideas, or refer new consultants your efforts are noted and highlighted. You are encouraged to speak up and share your ideas - and your ideas are heard and often implemented. The company is always looking for ways to improve the business, they are not a stodgy, giant organization unwilling to change when change is needed. Very much an open and transparent organization.

Continue to foster an open and transparent working environment. Continue to encourage qualified consultants to seek a career path with the business. Foster more virtual team-building opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Your work life will be busy. You are expected to be a team-player and encourages you to look outside your scope of work to help employees. Be prepared to be flexible and to balance competing priorities.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Interview

Interview process took about 9 days. Corporate training took 6 days - paid.

Interview Questions

• How long do you expect it would take for you to make a significant contribution to our company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Houston Texas Consulting (Houston, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

2 step process - first round interview - in office - 20 mins
    second round interview- out in the field - fulll day - 1 on 1

because it is b2b sales job

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Houston Texas Consulting (Houston, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

I was contacted within two days of submitting my resume online. They were quick to schedule a first interview.

The first interview was typical. The manager asked about strengths, weaknesses and recent availability. It lasted only 15 minutes and I was told I'd be called later that day if selected for a second interview.

I received a phone call hours later and was invited for an onsite interview the following day. I was told to wear comfortable shoes as each presentation to clients was standing.

The second interview was not much of an interview but instead a shadowing of a "marketing representative" that performed the same duties I would. I joined the employee for door to door sales for the majority of the business days.

When we returned to the office, I filled out a short questionnaire and asked a few questions about my experience. The following day I was extended an offer.

Overall very quick process, but not what I had expected.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions, very basic. What are your 3 best strengths?   Answer Question

The position was not as described or what I had expected. Low compensation.

Marketing Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houston Texas Consulting in August 2014.

Interview

The questions were very easy to answer, very little about your knowledge and more about your personality. The questions were very generic like where do you see yourself in 5 years and what are some words you'd use to describe yourself. The interview lasted no more than 10 minutes. Overall I don't think they truly cared about the answer my questions but more in the way I answered. They were looking for high energy confident answers.

Interview Questions

The job is door to door sales and that is not what I was looking for.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Houston Texas Consulting (Houston, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

I was recruited on campus and they conducted a face to face interviews with a hand full of college students and I was asked to come in to the head office the following week to discuss the job responsibilities

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 5 years... Career expectations & ambition   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houston Texas Consulting (Houston, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

I only went through the first stage of the hiring process. Interview day was composed of 15 minute interviews with back-to-back candidates. I received a response within 24 hours of if I was moving forward.

Interview Questions

• What are you personal goals for the next 5 years? What are the qualities you would use to define a leader? On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate yourself as a leader? Why do you want to be in sales/marketing?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Houston Texas Consulting.

Interview

They say preliminary interview, but I think it's a face to face to see what you look like. The 5 minute interview that is held can be done over the phone. Questions ask does not suffice for position at all. Something about the entire process didn't seem honest.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? How would describe a leader?   Answer Question

It's not a career for me..it's a job!