Howard University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 28, 2017

2.6

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Howard University (Washington, DC).

Interview

Very thorough examination of past performance and experience. The General Counsel and Deputy Genera Counsel were very pleasant. I left feeling that they had conducted an excellent interview. I had a very positive feeling upon leaving the interview.

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Howard University (Washington, DC).

Interview

Really Quick, HR called and set up an interview with the Dean. The process was through a staffing agency, Randstad. Fairly easy. Didn't last longer then 30 min. The staffing agency, prior to sending you to companys to interview give you a Microsoft office assessment and preliminary interview. They were very helpful in pre interview preparation.

Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Howard University.

Interview

General application submission. Go online and find the graduate application process and complete the tasks. If you know of a professor you want to work with, contact them and tell them that you are applying.

Radar Meteorology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Howard University (Seattle, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online and the recruiter contacted after like a week. We had 30 min phone interview . She got back to me a couple of days later to schedule a technical interview with the hiring manager. I was allowed a lot of flexibility on the timing for the interview. The interview was conducted by the hiring manager and a few other people. They were really nice.

Interview Questions

Interview

This is different depending on the position for which one is applying. Initially, there was a phone interview, then an on-campus interview. The phone interview was more informal, but the on-campus interview was very formal. The on-campus interview was only a couple of hours and they paid for me to visit the campus.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Howard University (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

Not really an interview. I know the professor and when he had a grant, he contacted me. We just went over what the position will require and if I will be willing to accept the offer. Once we agreed, then we involved the Human Resources which then took it from there.

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Howard University.

Interview

One on one interview with recruiter. He referred me to another vacant position which ultimately proved to be a better fit for both me and the organization. Recruiter set up an interview with the hiring department official for the same day and I was hired me on spot.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses? That question always stumps me   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Howard University.

Interview

applied online and received a cal back, went in for an interview and it was pretty standard, pay attention to questions other people are asked they want to to remember. It was a group interview, those can always be a little intimidating but in the end it worked out to our advantage it relaxed the nerves you get from interview

Interview Questions

• the most difficult was trying to explain your weaknesses without seeming like a bad pick   1 Answer

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Howard University (Washington, DC) in June 2014.

Interview

Very brief and very straightforward. My Dean and I had a conversation about her expectations of me, and I did the same. She explained to me the hierarchy of the office and the work hours that were available. I was dealing with confidential information and had to be willing to sign a confidentiality agreement.

Interview Questions

• How many activities were you involved in?
      How large is your course load?
      Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Howard University (Washington, DC) in August 2013.

Interview

Interview was of medium difficulty. Took quite a while to get hired and begin working. Although the opportunity was well worth the wait. Background check was required as well as thorough reference check. Interview process was a learning experience.

Interview Questions

• Interview was of medium difficulty.   1 Answer