Hubbell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hubbell Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.5

Painter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hubbell.

Interview

I did not get interviewed for this position, it was just offered to me because there was an opening and I accepted. They briefly explained what was expected of me and I improved as I went.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hubbell.

Interview

There was two steps to the process. First, there was an interview with an engineer, where he showed you what the company does. Then with HR, which was a lot of basic interview questions.

Desktop Publishing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hubbell (Shelton, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

I got a call from an HR representative to discuss my background and skills, what I was looking for in my next opportunity, and a little more detail on the position. He was extremely enthusiastic about my candidacy and I got a followup call about an interview the next day. I came in for an interview the next week, met with the Marketing Director I'd be reporting to and spent some time taking her through my work, talking about my background, and hearing more about the work that the Hubbell team does. She was also very enthusiastic during our conversation and gave me the sense that they were excited about my application. Unfortunately we got cut off as someone else had booked the room we were in, so I was escorted back to the HR rep for a followup discussion where I asked him a few followup questions and he told me more about the company's background and growth opportunities and it really felt like he was selling me on the role, trying to convince me of the benefits and why this is somewhere I'd like to work. He took me on a short tour of the building and sold me a little harder on it before I left! As I hadn't heard much about the role and responsibilities and wanted more insight in to what I would actually be doing in the role, I asked if I could get on a call with the Marketing Director to get some more information. He said I could reach out to her directly and she'd be happy to talk further. We set up a time for later in the week and had what I thought was a lovely conversation about the role..... A month later, I still haven't heard anything, totally ghosted. They came in super strong throughout the whole process so I was incredibly surprised at how they handled it after the interview phase. Incredibly unprofessional.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hubbell (Shelton, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

Met the recruiters at a college career fair. They expressed interested but then never responded to my many emails until they asked me to interview. I interviewed with them in January but did not receive the job

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself more as a manufacturing engineer or as a design engineer?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hubbell (Shelton, CT).

Interview

I received an email from the dean at my business school that had descriptions of two internships at Hubbell. I then sent my resume and I was called a few days after to schedule an interview for an interview position at the company. The interview took place in Shelton, CT the headquarters of the company.

Graduate Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Hubbell (Shelton, CT) in January 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at a career fair for opportunities that were not yet known by Hubbell for an entry level mechanical engineering role. I got a phone call informing me that I was selected for a 90 minute in person interview 3 months later. Despite a 10 hour drive each way to the interview, I was not compensated for travel. I was not told which position I was interviewing for, despite requesting additional information weeks in advance. I discovered that I was interviewing for the Graduate Rotational Program upon arrival at the facility. In reality, I had 7, 30 minute interviews. I was informed that I would not be offered the position 6 weeks later.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hubbell (Columbia, SC) in October 2015.

Interview

This was far and away the longest and most disorganized interview process I have ever been through. They led me along for 6 weeks and then ended up scrapping the position and starting over with a search for a totally different skill set. Very frustrating!

Emarketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hubbell.

Interview

I applied online and received a quick response from their team. Their team member called to set up a phone interview. I set aside time to prepare for the phone interview and waiting for 10 minutes after the scheduled time. I never ended up receiving a call. I followed up with their contact and never heard back from them again.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hubbell (Shelton, CT) in January 2015.

Interview

After meeting a member of Hubbell at a career fair, he took my resume and informed me that he would hand it to one of the managers and they would get back to me. Within a week I received a call from the company to schedule an interview. The next week I went in for my interview and was kindly greeted by who is now my supervisor. It consisted mainly of him describing the position along with typical behavioral questions to see how I would answer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hubbell (Greenville, SC) in January 2013.

Interview

Very relaxed. Position explained in detail. Met with Supervisor then Manager. Company goals explained. Took 1 hour. Training described in detail. Expectations explained in detail. Length of time to make decision was one week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hubbell met all my expectations.