Hubbell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hubbell Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2017

2.6

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hubbell.

Interview

There was two steps to the process. First, there was an interview with an engineer, where he showed you what the company does. Then with HR, which was a lot of basic interview questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hubbell (Shelton, CT).

Interview

I received an email from the dean at my business school that had descriptions of two internships at Hubbell. I then sent my resume and I was called a few days after to schedule an interview for an interview position at the company. The interview took place in Shelton, CT the headquarters of the company.

Graduate Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Hubbell (Shelton, CT) in January 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at a career fair for opportunities that were not yet known by Hubbell for an entry level mechanical engineering role. I got a phone call informing me that I was selected for a 90 minute in person interview 3 months later. Despite a 10 hour drive each way to the interview, I was not compensated for travel. I was not told which position I was interviewing for, despite requesting additional information weeks in advance. I discovered that I was interviewing for the Graduate Rotational Program upon arrival at the facility. In reality, I had 7, 30 minute interviews. I was informed that I would not be offered the position 6 weeks later.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hubbell (Columbia, SC) in October 2015.

Interview

This was far and away the longest and most disorganized interview process I have ever been through. They led me along for 6 weeks and then ended up scrapping the position and starting over with a search for a totally different skill set. Very frustrating!

Interview Questions

• They only asked me about my background and experience.   Answer Question

Emarketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hubbell.

Interview

I applied online and received a quick response from their team. Their team member called to set up a phone interview. I set aside time to prepare for the phone interview and waiting for 10 minutes after the scheduled time. I never ended up receiving a call. I followed up with their contact and never heard back from them again.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hubbell (Shelton, CT) in January 2015.

Interview

After meeting a member of Hubbell at a career fair, he took my resume and informed me that he would hand it to one of the managers and they would get back to me. Within a week I received a call from the company to schedule an interview. The next week I went in for my interview and was kindly greeted by who is now my supervisor. It consisted mainly of him describing the position along with typical behavioral questions to see how I would answer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hubbell (Greenville, SC) in January 2013.

Interview

Very relaxed. Position explained in detail. Met with Supervisor then Manager. Company goals explained. Took 1 hour. Training described in detail. Expectations explained in detail. Length of time to make decision was one week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hubbell met all my expectations.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hubbell (Orange, CT) in April 2012.

Interview

Straightforward. Meant with HR Director and HR VP separately. It was an easy going conversation style interview, but this was a lower level position.
    Met with the human resources director first for about 35 minutes. Next, met with the VP, HR for the enterprise for about 35-45 minutes.
    It went well, but it took forever for the rest of the process- about a month because they sat on it.
    I believe the interview was in April initially, but I didn't start until July.
    After offer is extended, there's a background check and drug screening.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Londonderry, NH

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Hubbell (Londonderry, NH) in June 2011.

Interview

Met with several of the product line engineering managers and human resources. Overall they were professional and asked pertinent questions. Since it was my first job out of school they asked about my internships and what were my interests. Got called into a second interview with higher management. I did not pursue the job because the products did not seem very interesting. However for the right person it seemed like a good opportunity to learn the design process and how a company functions.

Interview Questions

• What was my favorite course in college?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hubbell (Charlotte, NC) in January 2008.

Interview

2 Rounds of interviews, first one was in person the second one was over the phone. Had a recruiter set up the first interview which was with the hiring manager. Manager seemed to not have a complete understanding of the job details. The second interview with a director got more details, and the over all direction the job was headed in.

Interview Questions

• Do you plan to live in the area for more than a year?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer, counter offer