Hunter College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 1, 2017

2.3

Sustainability Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hunter College (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

First round was interviewed by three person team of Director of Facilities, Dir of Public Safety and Ast Director of Facilities. I was told there would be a second round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Name your most successful sustainability project   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hunter College (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial in-person interview conducted by HR. I was not impressed. To begin with, the person who arranged the interview failed to tell me that when I arrived, I had to go across the street to another building first to get a visitor pass, so I was a little late - otherwise I would have been a little early. When I finally went in to the interview room, the person I interviewed with was negative from the start and seemed disinterested in her job. The questions asked were inane and unthoughtful ("did I have scheduling experience?" - my entire resume is full of such experience). Overall, the HR department did a very poor job of effectively representing the institution and "selling" potential applicants on why they should want to work there. The whole experience left seriously questioning how effective the HR department is in attracting and retaining top talent. Given my experience, I seriously doubt they are. I left the interview feeling like I did not want to be part of such an organization and immediately withdrew my application.

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hunter College.

Interview

Very professional interview but extremely late reply from company. Response time will vary with manager. A lot of the interview questions were behavior based, which I think is more important. The hiring committee was very polite and easy to communicate with. Scheduling for the interview was simple. Once again, only complaint was the sluggish wait for an answer.

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hunter College (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

one one interview. basic questions. work history and previous experience and skills. they may also ask what is the focus of your studies if you are a student. they may also ask if you are pokay with cleaning up.

Associate Director of Admissions and Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hunter College (New York, NY).

Interview

Two interviews, the first with five staffers, the second with the Director of Admissions and an Assistant Dean. Interviews seemed to go well and Director was encouraging. However, afterwards, I heard nothing from them, despite emails and calls. They reposted the position online and I never heard from anyone. Does not leave a good impression

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hunter College (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for a job in the film and media department. It was portrayed as a great job in a great city. I had multiple interviews with smart people. It was a day-long process for which I was flown out

Interview Questions

• How would I incorporate new media into the journalism curriculum?   1 Answer

Editor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hunter College in September 2014.

Interview

Great, I was asked question about my experience and then given advice from others about the typical day will be. During the interview I did not feel pressured and meeting the other employees was a great start.

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hunter College (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied through the school career website and was emailed back for an interview and requested my resume. They asked about my experience and my availability and then told me they would let me know by email whether or not I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What sort of experience do I have in regards to working as a receptionist?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hunter College (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

The process is typical for a postdoc position. In most, you are expected to give a presentation summarizing your previous research. Usually this is for lab members only and not a public event. The seminar room couldn't have been more cramped and uncomfortable. The AV equipment is old and the rest of the facilities leave much to be desired. Lunch was provided after meeting with lab members, but no reimbursement for travel to the interview was provided. An offer was given at the end of the process.

Interview Questions

• How would you like to extend your research training and what projects in our lab interest you the most?   Answer Question

MAIL Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hunter College.

Interview

Invited to interview. Signed in and given a visitors pass. Campus staff were very friendly and helpful. Very friendly HR. Explained duties well. One of the best interview experiences.