Hunter College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hunter College Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2017

2.5

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hunter College.

Interview

Very professional interview but extremely late reply from company. Response time will vary with manager. A lot of the interview questions were behavior based, which I think is more important. The hiring committee was very polite and easy to communicate with. Scheduling for the interview was simple. Once again, only complaint was the sluggish wait for an answer.

Associate Director of Admissions and Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hunter College (New York, NY).

Interview

Two interviews, the first with five staffers, the second with the Director of Admissions and an Assistant Dean. Interviews seemed to go well and Director was encouraging. However, afterwards, I heard nothing from them, despite emails and calls. They reposted the position online and I never heard from anyone. Does not leave a good impression

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hunter College (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for a job in the film and media department. It was portrayed as a great job in a great city. I had multiple interviews with smart people. It was a day-long process for which I was flown out

Interview Questions

• How would I incorporate new media into the journalism curriculum?   1 Answer

Editor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hunter College in September 2014.

Interview

Great, I was asked question about my experience and then given advice from others about the typical day will be. During the interview I did not feel pressured and meeting the other employees was a great start.

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hunter College (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied through the school career website and was emailed back for an interview and requested my resume. They asked about my experience and my availability and then told me they would let me know by email whether or not I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What sort of experience do I have in regards to working as a receptionist?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hunter College (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

The process is typical for a postdoc position. In most, you are expected to give a presentation summarizing your previous research. Usually this is for lab members only and not a public event. The seminar room couldn't have been more cramped and uncomfortable. The AV equipment is old and the rest of the facilities leave much to be desired. Lunch was provided after meeting with lab members, but no reimbursement for travel to the interview was provided. An offer was given at the end of the process.

Interview Questions

• How would you like to extend your research training and what projects in our lab interest you the most?   Answer Question

MAIL Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hunter College.

Interview

Invited to interview. Signed in and given a visitors pass. Campus staff were very friendly and helpful. Very friendly HR. Explained duties well. One of the best interview experiences.

College Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hunter College (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Just a sit down with two of the department directors. It lasted about 30 mins, mostly conversation. Informal, but they asked a lot of questions about how to improve their office.

Dietetic Intern Interview

Interview

Applicants reach out to the internship director through email or in-person for an introduction; personal essay is written specific to the internship, and some programs require in-person interviews.

Interview Questions

• It is difficult to write an essay to convey the person that you are and convince the director that you are meant for the program. You have to look within yourself and give concrete examples while still standing out with your language, and the feeling of the essay.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for this position

Adjunct Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hunter College (New York, NY).

Interview

I responded to an email sent to the department where I received my Ph.D., heard back from the chair and met with her within a day or two, where she went over the course objectives and materials with me. I began teaching my first course there the next week.

Interview Questions

• It was very straightforward, nothing difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question