Hunter Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Senior Learning and Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Hunter Industries (New York, NY).

Interview

Overall a quick process. Had a phone interview and then brought in to interview with team. Interview went smooth. Their feedback for me not getting the job was valid. However, this job posting has been opened for a very long time which is alarming. I'm afraid they don't know what their looking for.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions were directly from my experience on my resume... not very creative. Also, minimal behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Hunter Industries Response

Feb 7, 2019 – Senior Manager of Global Talent Management

Thank you for your interest in joining our Talent Management team and also for taking the time to provide us with feedback following your interviews. We're pleased to know you had a good candidate... More

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hunter Industries (San Diego, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

I was given a phone interview which consisted of them asking about behavioral questions as well as assessing your technical skills. The interview was surprisingly pretty difficult. I would definitely be prepared to be asked about your Problem Solving method and how you would deal with issues that arise during projects.

Interview Questions

• Explain Your Problem Solving Method.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hunter Industries (San Marcos, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Stay away unless you're under 30 years of age. Something is fishy about Hunter. Took a personality test, phone interview, and then proceeded to an on-site interview. Onsite interview seemed to go well. In fact, the interview went longer than the two hours allocated. Then I heard nother for a week. An HR representative said that they were going to pass on me. She refused to say why. I'm guessing they're looking for a younger candidate that is likely to accept a low salary and has no outside commitments such as family.

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hunter Industries (San Marcos, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume because of a referral.
    Spoke to the HR person by phone, who asked a few questions about my background, experience and circumstances, and a couple of basic software screening questions.
    Then had to complete an online psychometric test.
    After a couple of days was invited to onsite interview for 8am.
    There was a whole team there ready to interview me. Apparently we were going to use a mob-programming approach, where the team was there to help me.
    Began immediately with 3 technical programming, debugging and design questions, which had to be answered with the help of "my" team.
    Finished by noon with a round of sharing background info with each other (between me an my "team")
    The dept VP then came in and and gave me a tour of some of the campus - it a huge distributed one with it's own little park.
    Got an e-mail the next day form the HR person saying I hadn't been selected.

Interview Questions

• Design the structure of two key relational database   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hunter Industries (New York, NY).

Interview

Was impressed by promptness of recruitment in scheduling first interview. However, the first interview was the most bizarre experience I've ever had. The interviewer was a bit rude at times in questioning, bordering on unprofessional, not very prepared, and asked limited and odd questions. It was really a strange experience and this was an unexpected red flag given Hunter's high reputation among employees and customers.

Interview Questions

Hunter Industries Response

Dec 19, 2016 – Talent Acquisition & Organizational Development

Thank you for providing us with this feedback. The quality of our candidate experience is as important as the employee experience we provide and it seems we may have missed the mark with our... More

Senior Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hunter Industries.

Interview

I was contacted through LinkedIn by the TA manager. I met with the HR manager and the TA Manager. The overall experience was the strangest I've ever been in. The interviewer asked me 3 questions and then asked if I had any additional questions. The interview itself was a struggle since the interviewer did not seem prepared and I ran out of questions to ask that showed my qualifications and accomplishments. The questions that were asked were not technical at all which really threw me off since the position was for a Sr. level position. Overall, the interview experience was the worst I've ever experienced.

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hunter Industries (San Marcos, CA).

Interview

Apply online and take a silly test that is nothing more than a horoscope. Later called to set up a phone interview. Take the phone interview, which is the same questions as on the application. Finally, a two person panel interview where they simply read questions off a piece of paper.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to make a tough decision. Describe a time you were in danger.   Answer Question

Security Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hunter Industries (San Marcos, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

First step was a phone interview, then an in person interview with my current direct supervisor and his direct supervisor, then an interview with my current direct supervisor and two peers.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you bring to the position you're applying for?   1 Answer

Security Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hunter Industries (San Marcos, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

I was first interview over the phone by the Talent Acquisition Manager, which involved questions about my work experience and work history. A follow up interview was conducted by the the Department Lead and another Hunter Industries Manager to get more in depth about who I was as a person and as a potential employee. A second follow up interview was conducted by the Department Lead and the Department Specialists to ask questions to see if I would fit well in to the Department as a whole and culturally.

Interview Questions

• I didn't have any difficulty with any of the interview process or answering any of the questions. They are quite professional, straight forward, and transparent.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no need to have a negotiation phase. The offer that I was given was what I wanted/expected, and there is also the potential for yearly raises based on performance (which I believe is how raises should be determined). I was also given the three week vacation benefit as part of my employment with Hunter Industries.

Quality Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hunter Industries (San Marcos, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Manager was polite and thoughtful during the interview and hiring process. Not much to say about the professionalism after that.

Interview Questions

• Don't let the "Helios" question on the interview quiz trick you. It's about a Mitutoyo long jaw caliper that they call a "Helios" because they don't know any better.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very simple. Quick response from my staffing agent regarding the position offer.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Hunter Industries.

Interview

Everyone was very positive and friendly. The interview was fairly typical and nothing incredibly technical or difficult was asked. I was impressed with the short wait on a decision and how happy everyone was to be working there.