Huntsman Corp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 24, 2017

2.7

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by email to set up a time for a phone interview. During the phone interview I was asked questions about my experience and work history. I was told that my told that my information would be passed on to the manager for review.

Manufacturing Transformation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Easton, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp (Easton, PA).

Interview

The interview was with 3 people of the panel, who were the senior human resources business partner, the safety manager, and the quality manager. They took turns asking questions from a list. All the questions were general behavioral questions. They were all very nice. At the end, they gave some feedback on the interview and gave explanations alluding to what they were looking for from each question.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you know about the company?   Answer Question
    • If you saw an experienced worker, say who had been there for over 10 years, not wearing his/her safety glasses, what would you do?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter in August through email asking me to answer 7 questions. A month later I was contacted for a "On-Site" interview. I interviewed with a panel of 3 people and only 2 people asked me questions. They asked mostly behavioral interview questions.

Chemical Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp (Harrisburg, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

3 panel interview with 20 questions that were well thought out. Felt more for a person who's already been in that field of work and since I haven't it was all new to me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time were you've had to use your best judgement and work safely.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was over the phone. Yes she asked if my pay would be acceptable and I accepted with no questions asked.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp in October 2015.

Interview

There was a phone interview, which lasted about an hour, then a few weeks later a site interview and facilities tour. They were very accommodating, but made no promises (I appreciate that.) They asked pointed questions that you could clearly see was well thought out and designed to find the best candidate, and not just go through the motions. They were open and honest

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between commitment & contribution?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate up to a point, but to be honest the initial offer was outstanding!

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp (The Woodlands, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Very professional, succint and inquisitive. Forthcoming about workplace environment and style. Had trouble clarifying the needs and requirements of the position. First was a one on one discussion and then three interviewers asking questions about my experience, testing my knowledge and presenting hypotheticals.

Learning and Development Specialist Americas Region Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied online, had a phone screen with an HR rep, and then was invited on-site for a one-hour panel style interview. While on-site, I first met with an HR staff member who reviewed their benefits package with me. Then the interview began. While the other panelists seemed friendly and approachable, the actual hiring manager was aloof and reserved. He looked at his watch a lot and seemed disinterested in everything I said. When the hour was up, he had no follow up questions and cut off the interview. I was shocked to learn that there were only a total of 2 employees (one manager and one L&D specialist) in the Learning and Development department expected to provide services for the entire Americas region. In both the phone and panel interview, they asked a lot of specific questions pertaining to my comfort level making coffee, copies, handling logistics, etc. (typical training coordinator duties) because the role was expected to serve this function as well.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of behavioral style questions...Tell us a time when you did xyz...   1 Answer

Human Resources Benefits Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp (The Woodlands, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Very informal and relaxed. Almost too relaxed. This was my first time back in the interview area and I was too nervous. A more structured environment may have allowed me to stay on track and focus more on the interview as it was I was allowed to just babble on endlessly as one does when they are under such a high stress level as an interview. The manager allowed this to continue for almost two hours, needless to say I did not receive an offer. The manager has my respect for giving up two hours of her day, I am not sure I would have been so generous.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about leaving Aon?   1 Answer

Sales and Marketing Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp in February 2015.

Interview

Phone call for 1 hour with hiring manager. Then onsite all day interview. Then received word back 2 days later. The phone call normally would have been handled by HR but the hiring managers at this firm location typically want to do the interviewing themselves. In the end they reposted the job immediately after the interview and continued on their way...wish them well. One thing I will say -- I asked questions directly and received back vague answers..."what size projects are you looking to take on..." "we have benchmarks that we used to determine fit." Does it sound to you like they answered the question?

Interview Questions

• Where do you get ideas from online -- what sources do you pull from? Tell me about a time...(many of those types of questions)...when you succeeded on the job....when you failed....when you led people...when you didn't like a boss...and on and on. And they kept filling in sheets/forms. Too formulaic an interview. Do not believe they were serious....but it was all day 6 or 7 people in all to talk to. Ladies, please note, I did not see or talk to any female managers at the facility but am told they are there....for all it's worth. Others on this forum describe a glass ceiling for women...it's a glass floor maybe too.   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp (The Woodlands, TX).

Interview

I was contacted by a headhunter and interviwed with them first. After that, i received a phonecall saying that they had set me up with a phone interview. It wasnt difficult, standard questions about resume, and interest in company. A day later i was offerd an onsite interview where i was shown around and introduced, and asked about which instruments and tests I was familiar with. Two days letter they gave me the offer (contract).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't attempt, pay was decent.