Huntsman Corp Reviews
64% would recommend to a friend
(576 total reviews)
Peter R. Huntsman
69% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Horrible company and poor management." (in 32 reviews)
- "The leadership cannot keep the speed up with the acquisitions of new plants so data base and systems are chaotic, unreliable." (in 10 reviews)
- "There are no trainings" (in 9 reviews)
- "Accountability seems to go out of the window and sadly, upper management is aware of these things but doesn't do anything to stop it." (in 8 reviews)
- "Senior management is disconnected from the rest of the org" (in 7 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Huntsman Corp and is not affected by filters.
Found 576 of over 744 reviews
Updated Dec 5, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEWJul 5, 2023Fixed Asset AccountantFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsKuala Lumpur
Wonderfull Experience and friendly environment
too comfortable and hard to take leave during closing month end. can but feel guilty. i dont know.
- 2.0Nov 19, 2023Performance ManagerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearThe Woodlands, TX
The employees (below director level) are great people - knowledgeable, supportive, reliable, and friendly. The Woodlands has hybrid work schedule.
Management switches priorities often! Dysfunctional and toxic environment - management does not get along and they make it known throughout the organization. Lots of turnover. Long hours expected and not appreciated. Very little opportunity for growth - main option is continual lateral moves. Exhaustive forecasting (min 3x per month) and budget revisions, which doesn't leave much time for interesting or value-added work. Always feels like the executives are simply trying to maintain their power and avoid being acquired.2
- 3.0Oct 10, 2023EHS SpecialistFormer Employee, more than 3 years
Huntsman is a wonderful company with decent pay and work life balance. Safety cultured company. I loved it.
Division operations management seemed chaotic always. Simply there is no room for growth in the current organization except for select few handpicked. They do not see old /existing associates as assets , rather trying ways to send them out. Very sad state in this front.1
- 2.0Nov 7, 2023SalesFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsDallas, TX
Enjoyed my co-workers and my job.
Management was not open to listening and understanding the industry, from those of us that have been in it a long time. They had their agenda and that is all they cared about.1
- 2.0Oct 30, 2023QC TechnicianFormer Employee, less than 1 yearArlington, TX
The benefits are really good and the salary is decent
Lacking in training and protocols. Everything is very janky and honestly unsafe. Management loves to blame people for anything that goes wrong. gotta be on your Ps and Qs and take notes on everything.2
- 3.0Oct 9, 2023IT Process ManagerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsThe Woodlands, TX
Company was strong D/E&I advocate
Outsourcing /off shoring meant morale was non existent3
- 5.0Sep 14, 2023Process EngineerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearAkron, OH
I have really enjoyed meeting my coworkers here. They are very welcoming. Zero-harm (safety) culture is serious here. The plant is focused on growing and improving.
The whole organization seems to move slowly. Working with anyone corporate or remote is a hassle.
- 5.0Jul 26, 2023Production EngineerCurrent Employee
Great Benefits, especially 401k. 4% match and then a free 6% on top. CEO knows what he wants the vision of the company to be and seems passionate about it- regardless if you agree with it or not. Salary is higher than surrounding plants. My leadership is competent, and provides appropriate guidance.
Very decentralized, which is newer to me. Its a different sort of challenge. Plants are bought- which isn't a con necessarily, but just means there are different work cultures depending on where you go. One persons experience may not be others. PTO probably needs to be updated to be a little more.
Huntsman Corp Reviews FAQs
Huntsman Corp has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 744 reviews left anonymously by employees. 64% of employees would recommend working at Huntsman Corp to a friend and 51% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
64% of Huntsman Corp employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Huntsman Corp 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.