Hypertec Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

Sort:

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hypertec (Scottsdale, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

Very thorough, interviewer asked very specific questions that would determine level of commitment, longevity, dedication. Did a fantastic breakdown of what the company was all about, did not leave interview with any questions. Very professional setting.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hypertec (Tempe, AZ) in December 2017.

Interview

Long drag out questions were in 1 level, 2 level by manager not that great.

Employers must realize and acknowledge that the hiring process is broken and flawed.
    Post jobs that make sense.
    Treat candidates like Talent, not job seekers.
    Cut your hiring process by 50% or 60%.
    Be welcoming, informative and supportive throughout the hiring process. Make us feel welcomed, wanted and appreciated. Not strangers asked why are you here?

No appreciation for our time and interest. No urgency

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hypertec (Tempe, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied. They contacted me within 1 week. Interviewed a few days later. Arrived to interview on time, but waited for VP 30 minutes. VP didn't show, but Sales Manager did; good guy. Had to return the next week to interview with VP. VP said it usually takes 6-12 months to learn business well enough to earn meaningful commissions. Offer expected within a few days; it took 2 weeks. Declined offer because of super-low base pay that was not negotiable (despite indications otherwise): $32K.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Lead Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hypertec (Scottsdale, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview process for me was basic. This involved the Sales Manager, then the VP and Newly Hired Sales Manager. Sales manager: Basic interview basic question, basic company overview.

VP gave same interview with the exception of the addition of a newly hired SMB Manager. Was offered the position later in the day. Upon arriving found out the newly hired manager quit.

Interview Questions

• Q. Do you have any issues working off of a spread sheet?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated a raise of $3000 upon 90 days. It was denied and never fulfilled.

* There were no stipulations other than making it past 90 days.

Customer Service & Updating Government Contracts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hypertec (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

It was a one on one with the VP. He shared his background with me as well as the company. Also, we reviewed the Sales side of the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• What position are you interested in?
      Share some of your background?   Answer Question

Neural Network Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hypertec (Tempe, AZ) in May 2018.

Interview

They called me in the morning telling me I had to do an interview that day. I got in and they started asking about bash for some reason. They really didn't ask anything else other than bash. Building a Recurring Neural network requires the developer to understand logic gates, long short term memory, linear algebra, vector addition, feedback loops, etc etc, but they only asked about bash commands that we learn in CS101, or you could just simply google. It's like asking a doctor about the mitochondria before they go into surgery.

They asked me what salary I would like and i responded with slightly above the competitive salary for automation engineers in the valley. they laughed and said "I was a good kid" but theyll offer me 35k-40k a year. Our underpaid teachers are paid more than that here, a private in the army with BAH gets paid more than that. Truth is they could've offered 300k a year and i wouldn't have taken the job, it's obvious the VP's dont know jack about what theyre trying to build. NPI's haven't been fully figured out yet by the teams at google deep mind and academia, why on earth should one severely underpaid developer be able to whip a NPI together for QA PURPOSES? just because they want to lay off some QA testers? If they really want to build an NPI they need a team of highly qualified mathematicians and developers. I'd recommend anyone to stay clear of this position and these sleaze-balls.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever seen a terminal in your 5 years as a programmer   1 Answer

Data Center Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hypertec (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in July 2018.

Interview

We went to casual coffee place because the headquarters had too much security. The interviewer did not want me to feel stressed in any way. He was very casual and nice, and ensured all my questions were answered.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background.
      What are you looking for in the job?   Answer Question

BDM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hypertec (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2018.

Interview

First phone interview was with HR, for a bout 15 minutes. Asked about experience, reason for leaving, wanted specific companies names I worked with. Couple days later, phone interview for 45 minutes with VP sales. Arrogant attitude, boasting about his own achievement. Asked pertinent and non pertinent questions. At the end of the interview, he offered 3 minutes for any questions I might have! couple days later , I was invited to come present on site to 4 individuals a business plan. I aksed one question before starting to work on the business plan , question was how much of a compensation will the role eventual pay so I can assess if it was worth my time as the salary review about hypertec on Glassdoor were that they did not pay well. I got the answer for the VP that they have not budgeted for the role yet and will do after all 3-4 candidates present their BPs. I found it hard to believe that you would start recruiting for a position without setting a budget. My only conclusion was that the company was fishing for ideas and wanted to see what they can get from experienced candidates. I turned down the offer to present.

Interview Questions

• what are the companies your worked with as you would be requested to start with these companies as your prospects.   1 Answer