ICON International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at ICON International

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ICON International (Stamford, CT).

Interview

I applied online and two weeks later I received a call from HR to schedule a face to face interview.

I met with HR and two people in the department. Everyone I met with was very nice and explained the company and the position to me. The whole interview took about an hour and it was a pleasant experience. The interview went along like a conversation and not an interrogation, seems they genuinely wanted to get the right person for the job. Received an offer within a couple of days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Interview

The interview process did not take that long; it lasted for about an hour. I was interviewed by two people. The interviewers will ask you on what you know about the position and will then inform you on what the position entails. But it’ll be beneficial if you did some research on the company prior to the interview.

National Broadcast Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICON International in April 2016.

Interview

- Was asked to schedule a in person interview
    - Came in ten minutes early, filled out a little paper work
    - Met with one person who I was not told I was there to meet. Had a 10-15 minute brief, basic interview conversation about the role and company
    - Was brought back out to wait for the head contact I was there to meet with
    - Continued to wait for a hour, informed once she was running late
    - After a hour and a half, the receptionist informed me she could no longer meet with me and to leave
    - Never heard back or given opportunity to meet with her

Not very professional way of operating and rude in general

Interview Questions

ICON International Response

Sep 7, 2016 – Human Resources Coordinator

I would like to apologize for your experience, as this is not normally how our interview process works. There could have been extenuating circumstances that arose that day.

Media Assistant Interview

Interview

You speak with lots of different people and could spend up to 2 hours in a single day interviewing. The position is about media buying and you have the opportunity to learn more about what the position entails.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my excel skills and my favorite tv shows   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at ICON International (Stamford, CT) in April 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with two people, the head of HR and head of the marketing department. The head of HR was intimidating but I felt comfortable having a conversation with the head of the marketing department.

Interview Questions

• Can you list 5 shows that are currently in production and being aired on TV?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ICON International (Stamford, CT) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was brief and easy. The Human Resource Manager will come across cold and unfriendly. Despite this cold tension, it is impossible to mess this interview up. The company is a boiler room, so they will take any recent college grads who they can pay low wages. The interview will require little effort.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ICON International in May 2014.

Interview

Applied through company website. 2 weeks later, I received a call from HR for an interview. Met with them the following week along with 5 supervisors in the department. One day later, received a full time position. Very positive experience and they wanted to make sure I would be a good fit with everyone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ICON International (Stamford, CT) in March 2014.

Interview

Interview with all available managers. Could take up to two hours. Pretty informative, but misleading. Managers were all very nice, but some were too busy to interview. They like to hire on a temp basis and eventually move you up to full time "if you work hard enough." You also interview with HR directly.

Interview Questions

• Favorite TV shows, how much we really know about media   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ICON International (Stamford, CT) in January 2014.

Interview

Face to face interview conducted first with the public relations manager, but then multiple interviews with other individuals. All communication was open and clear, a hard copy of your resume is required and the application is emailed ahead of time and must be completed and brought to the interview. Office was very professional and seemingly running smoothly.

Interview Questions

The position I applied for was already filled earlier in the week, I was offered a temp position.

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ICON International (Stamford, CT) in June 2013.

Interview

Got a call asking about my interest and experience, set up and interview time. Interview day came met with HR, asked me if I was interested in temping and I said no. Met with a couple of other managers and was called a few days later and made an offer.

Interview Questions

• How many hours a week do you watch TV? What kind of shows do you watch?   Answer Question