IIF Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IIF Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at IIF

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IIF.

Interview

The interview is easy, mainly about your academic background, your internship experience, your data analysis skills, etc. Also, how is your understanding of national account, your excel analysis skill.Just be preprared about your past internships, and know what the team will be doing, you will be able to answer the questions well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at IIF (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

With director of MENA department. cut-to-the-bone. No beat-around-bush: my experience, projects I did, my understanding about balance of payment, Monetary Policy, motivations of capital flow. Very productive.
    Interview still ongoing. Felt like I will be given an offer

Interview Questions

• walked me through the credit market project you did
      what are motivations for capital flow
      What Federal Reserve is doing so far?
      describe balance of payment system to me
      What technical skills do you have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at IIF (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

I sent my resume to the head of the department. He replied me in 10 mins and invited me for an interview.

First round: an 90-min excel test.
    Second round: a 45-min interview with two economists. (Very technical)

The interviewers are very nice but they asked me some very technical questions. That's out of my expectation but I did fairly well and got the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of the global portfolio allocation trend now?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied online. It was an easy application: just resume and cover letter. It was a short in-person interview. It was a very friendly and informal process. They asked questions about my availability and interest in economics research.They explained what the company does. They called me back quickly as well.

Interview Questions

• Which days can you come in? How many hours can you work? Are you good in multi-tasking?   Answer Question

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IIF (Washington, DC) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone screen wherein basic questions on education and prior professional experience were asked. This progressed to an in-person interview in which similar questions were reviewed with a group of two interviewers. The interview environment was friendly, welcoming, and did not produce great pressure. It may help interviewees to view this as a professional conversation.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ahmedabad (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IIF (Ahmedabad (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

Personally Check the details...Knowledge about computers...IT Knowledge Required...Mathematical Question...Iq Test is required...basically knowledge about companies...what ideas about so and so company....Describe...take panels interview...Presantion givan by particular employees....quizzes are required....appreciate employees...Skill development...Motivation...test chking personal details

Interview Questions

• How Get The Maximum Benefit Our Company???   1 Answer

Research Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IIF in May 2010.

Interview

Fine

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fine

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IIF in March 2010.

Interview

My advise is to have a broad understanding of International Economics (IS-LM).

IT Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IIF in May 2008.

Interview

Inteview on site and via phone