IIR USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IIR USA Interview Questions

2.8

Market Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IIR USA (Sugar Land, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was fast and painless. The interviewer was to the point, but also friendly. It was a good interview. He described the job correctly. He asked me questions about my research experience (which was in science) and about my team work abilities. The interview took about 20-25 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult or unexpected. The interview proceeded rather well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy. They accepted what I asked for and I did not have to haggle at all.

MARKETING EXEC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IIR USA (London, OH) in May 2009.

Interview

I interviewed in their London Victoria offices with the regional marketing manager. We had a math and lit. test and if we passed we then had individual interview with him. He didn't smile or seem to show any excitement about the company or his job, even though he has been there for 13 years! I found this demotivating and unprofessional. When I got to the 1:1 interview, he talked about the test I had just taken... I was thinking, 'Do I really want to work for company that values one generic little test over my input and perspective?' His interview questions lacked intelligence and empathy.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IIR USA (New York, NY).

Interview

One hand does not have any idea what the other is doing at this place. I applied on-line and received a phone call from someone in HR. The call was verify brief. They set up an interview. No application and I met with someone who would be my peer. She asked pretty good questions relevant to the position. She left the room to get her Boss. When she came back, she said the person was busy and they would set up the next interview through HR. Several days later, I got a short email from HR saying they were passing on me or something like that. A month later I received a call from HR (with no idea they I already interview there). They contacted me through Linkedin saying it was a networking call? Crazy. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Typical - what are your strengths? Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Senior Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IIR USA in April 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter for what sounded like a great opportunity. Had a phone interview with the recruiter. She presented my credentials to the hiring manager who I believe was the CEO and they set me up for an in person interview two weeks out but they weren't sure if the interview would be at their office or somewhere close by. A week or so before I contacted the recruiter to confirm location. I got the weird response that they may have overbooked candidates and she would know more the next day. Next day no word. So 48 hours before the interview I contact the recruiter again and am told they are paring down the list still and I'd hear back by 8 that night. Very smoke and mirrors. Well right at 8 I get an email from the recruiter that they decided not to talk to me. They didn't have the leeway (whatever that means) to talk to everyone they thought they could. The place sounds totally bush league, Mickey Mouse and unprofessional. I read the employee reviews for this place. And it sounds terrible. If this is how they treat people on the outside I don't want to be on the inside.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult. The recruiter was good and it was more of a conversation.   Answer Question

Senior Director, Program Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IIR USA (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with an HR person and divisional director together first, then with the CEO. They were looking to launch a new portfolio of conferences, which they ultimately put on hold. A decent portion of the interview involved them asking me how I would go about building the initiative. Part of that seemed designed to learn about my thinking and process, but an equal (if not greater) part was them looking for ideas and direction.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about building a team of industry stakeholders to insure the program establishes clear thought leadership?   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IIR USA (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

Very lengthy process, very hard and archaic written test which is hard even for a seasoned marketing pro. Very long interviews. Office is shabby and dark. The culture seems very stressful and the people I met seem very smart, yet taxed and not too happy. Process was long & pay scale is low.

Interview Questions

• If you had 1 extra day to craft your marketing plan, how would you use that time/what would you add to it to make it better/get more out of it?   Answer Question
    • If you were your manager at your past job, what would you do differently?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IIR USA.

Interview

Mismanaged, I was contacted by phone and then email asking for a face to face interview, no phone screen at all. I was never vetted to ascertain if salary range was aligned. I showed up for the interview 15 minutes early, it started over 20 minutes late; there was no order or what seemed like preparation in advance of the interview, so much that in advance I was told that I would be interviewing with 2 people, but interviewed with 3.

On a second interview, I again showed up 15 minutes early, and again the interview started late; 15 minutes this time. And, again other than one person that I interviewed with no real preparation.

From what I read on Glassdoor and what I witnessed, this is a very mismanaged business that has somehow been successful for years but is facing challenges that they have no real grasp of, no real focus and no real visible desire to change.

I would not recommend interviewing or considering employment at this company.

Conference Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IIR USA.

Interview

I applied online and 2 weeks later was contacted via phone. After a few brief questions about why I was interested in the position, I was asked to come in to interview. The interview was with HR and my would-be supervisor, and the questions were very basic and straightforward. I was told that they were looking to fill the position immediately, and I would know by Monday (interview was on Friday). I followed up with HR the next week after not hearing from them, and my communication still has not been returned-it's been over a month. I'm not upset, as I've been pursuing better opportunities, but it's a strange situation. Overall, I got a weird vibe from the office. No one smiled at me when I was sitting in the lobby waiting to be interviewed, and none of the workers communicated with each other when they passed in the hallways. There was no IIR signage in the office/lobby area. Again, just a weird place.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very basic-non were difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Conference Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IIR USA.

Interview

The process is you meet with HR. Then they give you a take home assignment. which is like a skill test, to see your writing and critical thinking skills. After this, they schedule you to meet with your future supervisor. I also had to meet with the director.

The office environment is depressing and they salary was not competitive

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at IIR USA (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

Phone call received from HR, standardized test given, once passing test interview scheduled with with hiring manager. Then 2 days later asked to come back to meet another hiring manager. This was the whole process.

Perceptions:
    Cubicle city, silent office, stressful environment could be felt. Overheard 2 employees in reception area talking about how unhappy they were. Hiring Managers did not seem to have a good relationship, an assignment was given by one and when I met the second one it was obvious he/she was not aware of it. 2nd hiring Manager asked an out of left field question designed to put candidate on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work here...I'm just not sure about you. (direct quote)   1 Answer

After 1 phone interview a cognitive test and two 1:1 interviews, I got the clear and distinct feeling that I would not be happy or operate at my best level at this company. I also knew I did not want to work in a cubicle at this point in my career, it's a step back that I'm not willing to take. The answer I received when asking about office was....that they want a more OPEN atmosphere where colleagues can brainstorm and discuss issues instead of sending emails. I wonder why I didn't see one person engaging in that collegial behavior? Having a background at dot coms I know what a truly open atmosphere looks like...wifi, laptops and couches where colleagues can conduct a meeting anywhere. A sea of cubicles does not an open work environment make. And for your notes, companies plagued by hundreds of emails a day between colleagues indicates one thing, employees feel desperate to cover their backs. An email trail is the most obvious way to avoid" he said she said" arguments.

While I believe this company could be a great way to make some high level brand contacts, I wasn't sure that I could make it long enough there to take advantage of that. I observed a high level of quality in the conferences produced. Weak on the digital side, Management not on cutting edge of technology and how it affects their business. Serious negative there.

Nothing personal, I actually liked the first hiring manager quite a bit.