IIR USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IIR USA Interview Questions

2.8

Senior Sales Executive - Pharmaceutical & Healthcare Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IIR USA (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The whole process was very positive; each person I met with right up to the CEO was extremely professional and engaging. They asked me thoughtful questions, making it clear they are not novices and know the attributes they are looking for in a candidate for this role. I had about 4 interviews in total, two of which included multiple people. Skyped with the CEO and a Managing Director at the end, both of which were very sharp.

Positive vibes in the office, and everyone I saw greeted me. IIR is evolving into something better than events alone. I'm sure they will take in a lot of new clients if they stick to their initiatives. Events are well know and quality is higher than the norm from what I learned in the 2-3 week interview process

Interview was moderate to difficult if you include a written portion which took me time to prepare. I think I nailed it became they talked about my answers in the follow-up interview (which I appreciated given the time to write this).

Interview Questions

• What new concept or program have you introduced to an event, and was it successful (something like that)   1 Answer

I accepted an offer from a different company (but it was a hard decision)

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IIR USA (New York, NY).

Interview

One hand does not have any idea what the other is doing at this place. I applied on-line and received a phone call from someone in HR. The call was verify brief. They set up an interview. No application and I met with someone who would be my peer. She asked pretty good questions relevant to the position. She left the room to get her Boss. When she came back, she said the person was busy and they would set up the next interview through HR. Several days later, I got a short email from HR saying they were passing on me or something like that. A month later I received a call from HR (with no idea they I already interview there). They contacted me through Linkedin saying it was a networking call? Crazy. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Typical - what are your strengths? Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Senior Director, Program Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IIR USA (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with an HR person and divisional director together first, then with the CEO. They were looking to launch a new portfolio of conferences, which they ultimately put on hold. A decent portion of the interview involved them asking me how I would go about building the initiative. Part of that seemed designed to learn about my thinking and process, but an equal (if not greater) part was them looking for ideas and direction.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about building a team of industry stakeholders to insure the program establishes clear thought leadership?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IIR USA in March 2015.

Interview

Very good and smooth interview process. I had two different interviews here and both were relaxed and straight forward. The second interview was with my would-be boss and went very smoothly.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IIR USA.

Interview

Mismanaged, I was contacted by phone and then email asking for a face to face interview, no phone screen at all. I was never vetted to ascertain if salary range was aligned. I showed up for the interview 15 minutes early, it started over 20 minutes late; there was no order or what seemed like preparation in advance of the interview, so much that in advance I was told that I would be interviewing with 2 people, but interviewed with 3.

On a second interview, I again showed up 15 minutes early, and again the interview started late; 15 minutes this time. And, again other than one person that I interviewed with no real preparation.

From what I read on Glassdoor and what I witnessed, this is a very mismanaged business that has somehow been successful for years but is facing challenges that they have no real grasp of, no real focus and no real visible desire to change.

I would not recommend interviewing or considering employment at this company.

Conference Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IIR USA.

Interview

I applied online and 2 weeks later was contacted via phone. After a few brief questions about why I was interested in the position, I was asked to come in to interview. The interview was with HR and my would-be supervisor, and the questions were very basic and straightforward. I was told that they were looking to fill the position immediately, and I would know by Monday (interview was on Friday). I followed up with HR the next week after not hearing from them, and my communication still has not been returned-it's been over a month. I'm not upset, as I've been pursuing better opportunities, but it's a strange situation. Overall, I got a weird vibe from the office. No one smiled at me when I was sitting in the lobby waiting to be interviewed, and none of the workers communicated with each other when they passed in the hallways. There was no IIR signage in the office/lobby area. Again, just a weird place.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very basic-non were difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IIR USA (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

First I interviewed for the telesales position which I was completely overqualified for (no one's fault of course). First I met with an HR rep who discussed the position with me with. I asked about the culture of the company, and she actually told me that the culture was shy and people didn't have good relationships with each other but that she was trying to change that. This is a HUGE red flag for me as I am a very friendly, upbeat person who would be miserable in this position. I then met with whoever would be my direct supervisor. She was so nice! In fact, out of all of the people I met or even noticed in the company, she was the only one with a smile on her face. The position sounded really easy, just your basic telesales.

I declined the offer to continue to the next step, so they subsequently invited me to interview a different day for a newly created, higher position as Marketing Communications Manager. It seemed that they were looking for someone to basically carve out the position themselves, and I could not connect with that direct supervisor. She seemed very cold towards me, and also downplaying all of my experience in sales since my previous business-model was selling on the spot. (In my opinion, if I can sell 50k in a one hour meeting, I'd have no problem adapting to their simpler business model of consultative/follow-up/net-working type of sales)

Anyways, didn't get a call back for that and instead your standard rejection which I was expecting, but honestly I'm glad! It would have been a bad fit. For me, culture is everything but I thought maybe the higher position MIGHT be worth the seemingly depressing environment. After 4 interviews in the building, I'm truly am sorry to say that everyone looked like they HATED their jobs. Of course, everyone I met was completely professional and nice but seemingly miserable with their work-life. It was a Friday afternoon at one time and you could hear a pen drop! That's not normal.... anyone would be bored after an 8 hour day. I do not recommend if work culture is of any importance, MOVE ON.

But if you're looking for something easy to get by with then the Telesales might be an option.

Interview Questions

• None. Super Easy for the Telesales, just basic sales experience questions.   Answer Question

Business Development/Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IIR USA in July 2014.

Interview

Interview process was fine until I met with the SVP of Revenue... a former consultant who I feel never ever had front line sales experience. Nothing I said seemed to resonate with her. She showed no emotion and did not seem to be able to connect my experience and answers to what she was asking.
    I got the feeling she would be a huge micro-manager. I would never work for someone like this!

Interview Questions

• How do you write a proposal?   1 Answer

Conference Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IIR USA.

Interview

The process is you meet with HR. Then they give you a take home assignment. which is like a skill test, to see your writing and critical thinking skills. After this, they schedule you to meet with your future supervisor. I also had to meet with the director.

The office environment is depressing and they salary was not competitive

Senior Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IIR USA in April 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter for what sounded like a great opportunity. Had a phone interview with the recruiter. She presented my credentials to the hiring manager who I believe was the CEO and they set me up for an in person interview two weeks out but they weren't sure if the interview would be at their office or somewhere close by. A week or so before I contacted the recruiter to confirm location. I got the weird response that they may have overbooked candidates and she would know more the next day. Next day no word. So 48 hours before the interview I contact the recruiter again and am told they are paring down the list still and I'd hear back by 8 that night. Very smoke and mirrors. Well right at 8 I get an email from the recruiter that they decided not to talk to me. They didn't have the leeway (whatever that means) to talk to everyone they thought they could. The place sounds totally bush league, Mickey Mouse and unprofessional. I read the employee reviews for this place. And it sounds terrible. If this is how they treat people on the outside I don't want to be on the inside.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult. The recruiter was good and it was more of a conversation.   Answer Question