IIT Kharagpur Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

3.1

SRF Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IIT Kharagpur (Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)).

Interview

First, the candidate has to take the written test. A cut-off list is displayed thereafter depending on the marks scored. On the same day, the selected candidates are called on for an interview. The interview panel consists of HOD and many faculty members. It takes at least a couple of weeks to get the result.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about masters project.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Have project proposal ready.

Summer Research Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IIT Kharagpur (Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

Basically there was no as such interview process. I applied on the IIT KGP Computer Science department. The application opens early February. You have to specify your 10th ,12th and College marks along with your CV. The applicant is shortlisted as per the professor needs by his research scholar or phD student. Then you maybe contacted by him. Other interns had emailed professor directly.

Interview Questions

• The only important question was will you be available for straight 60 days though which is not a real question.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not Applicable

Graduate Student Interview

Interview

Cleared JEE. Got admission in Biotechnology. year of exam 2012. year of graduation 2016. Technical: It was for around 45 mins, The interviewer was very friendly. 2. HR: Once cleared Technical round, got call again within 2 day from HR for next round. The HR here was also very friendly and it took around 30 min. Both the rounds were telephonic.

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IIT Kharagpur (Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

it was wonderful experience to study here. interview based in basic concepts of thermodynamic manufacturing and production engineering followed by some basic engineering question and some hr questions .i would suggest please go through the basic of your engineering domain . be real in the interview process.over all experience was wonderfull

Interview Questions

• What does thermodynamic first law gives   1 Answer

Negotiation

nothing

Junior Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IIT Kharagpur (Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

There was a written round first. The questions were from Algorithms & Programming, Maths and Digital Logic.
    Maths was mostly from probability and set theory.
    Digital logic was easy.
    Algorithms & Programming they will tell to write pseudo code and the questions are standard-to-hard level

Interview Questions

• Basics about automata, algorithms, discrete maths   1 Answer

JRF Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IIT Kharagpur (Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

we were asked to write about ourselves in about 500 words ...... then in interview they asked why you are interested in this project , etc , our background , from where we r coming from .......................
    then they asked simple technical questions from basics

Interview Questions

• what is linear system ........ its not very difficult ...... but i just got forget at that very moment   Answer Question

got the offer very late , already joined sum whr else

Project Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at IIT Kharagpur (Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)).

Interview

It was just a formal talk with the professor I talked to. It is important to carry out a basic project and to have basic knowledge of things.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IIT Kharagpur (Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)) in August 2013.

Interview

You have to apply for a specific research related post advertised at SRIC, IIT Kharagpur websit. Then if you are selected , they will give you an interview call regarding that position. You have show them your past research experiences and you should have a good command over your basic undergrad stuff.

Interview Questions

• Tell us regarding your past undergrad research?   1 Answer

Teaching Assistanceship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at IIT Kharagpur (Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)) in May 2012.

Interview

Shortlisting was first done based on GATE paper(CH) followed by PI based on technical and HR.

Interview Questions

• It was some technical question which i couldn't answer.   Answer Question

PhD Research Scholar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IIT Kharagpur (Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)) in October 2011.

Interview

Before the interview there was a written test (focussed mainly on telecommunications and theory of probability). The interview was mainly based on the answers written to questions set in the written exam and on the work done during my M.Tech project (my M.Tech was from Jadavpur University). . . . . . .

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding Gaussian probability distribution,
      Questions regarding Optical fibers