IIT Madras Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IIT Madras Interview Questions

Updated Nov 24, 2016

Project Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IIT Madras (Chennai (India)).

Interview

nothing just apply through site and you can talk to professor.and then he asked me to wait for two days .and daily i used to meet him so next week he called me and talk about what do you want and what all the skills you have so it was pretty easy .

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IIT Madras (Chennai (India)).

Interview

Sent a mail to professor at IITM . He asked me to join the very next day . So there was no interview process as such , I started working on the PhD students work from the next day

Interview Questions

• What are your areas of interest   1 Answer

Project Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IIT Madras (Chennai (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

A personal interview, more of a one on one interaction with the faculty under whom you would be working. They will test your basic understanding in your area of interest and the skills you possess wrt to softwares.

Interview Questions

• Flow analysis over a body using any CFD software   2 Answers

Negotiation

You can negotiate depending on the experience you have in the domain.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IIT Madras (Chennai (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

Questions on optics,photnics. Interviewed for a research assistant role. Tested knowledge in Elecromagnetics and optics. Proefficiency in Matlab and Python was a plus. Past academic honors and other achievements were asked. Communication and leadership skills were tested. Overall, the interview was average, with well defined roles being told to you if you were selected!

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IIT Madras (Chennai (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

Details of specific fields and faculty positions currently being proposed for recruitment in
    different departments are listed in the website as departments / areas along with a list of
    interdisciplinary areas of interest. It is expected that faculty members will be affiliated to
    the department most closely associated with their research interests. However, they may
    teach core courses from other departments also so as to meet individual core course
    teaching load requirements

Post Doctoral Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IIT Madras.

Interview

The interview is after selection by advertisement. A committee questions your proposed project and tries to assess whether the candidate can handle it independently. Thye judge based on your presentation and publications. The whole thing took around half an hour.

Interview Questions

• The comittee asked me to suggest analternate project to the one I had put forward.   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IIT Madras (Chennai (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

The first round is written test. The shortlisted students are called to take the interview - second round. It would be panel interview. The first round is written test. The shortlisted students are called to take the interview - second round. It would be panel interview. The first round is written test. The shortlisted students are called to take the interview - second round. It would be panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Fourier series representation of sawtooth waveform of constant frequency   1 Answer

Project Associate for INO Project Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IIT Madras (Chennai (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

Registered online at IC&SR website, 1month later got mail for interview, but before interview, there was a small technical question set to solve in 1 hour, containing 10 questions from linear electronic circuits, 2 differential equations related, 4 questions on digital circuit, 4 question related to C. This was a subjective test.

Interview Questions

• RC Circuits, Charge dispersion, Townsend criteria, Temperature sensor interfacing, op-amp basic circuits time and frequency related questions, MOSFET working, impedance matching,   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IIT Madras (Chennai (India)).

Interview

It started off as a call for summer internships in the Applied Mechanics department. I think there are a total of 3 positions available. The successful applicants are awarded the internship based on merit. The interns then meet the professors they want to work with and decide on a project. In most cases, its not going to be a significant contribution given the duration of 3 months.

Negotiation

No negotiations. Paltry salary but great research exposure. The experience is worth it

Research Scholar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IIT Madras (Chennai (India)) in November 2013.

Interview

On Day 1, the certificate verification and written test happened. Once a candidate is shortlisted from both verification and test, they go on for interview (on the 2nd day). The interview went on for one hour. The interview panel consist of all the 20 professors of my department. Our body language and confidence is after all the important part of being successful in any interviews, you know that!

Interview Questions

• They were more interested in my UG project and checked my motivation towards research. They ask me fundamental questions on basic engineering subjects like mechanical engineering and civil engineering.   Answer Question