IIT Madras Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IIT Madras Interview Questions

Updated Nov 14, 2017

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IIT Madras (Chennai (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

No technical questions, flexibility to work, technical aptitude was already tested by way of written exam. Asked about expected salary for which I replied Rs 30k per month as against their offer (Rs. 16000pm).

Project Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IIT Madras (Chennai (India)).

Interview

nothing just apply through site and you can talk to professor.and then he asked me to wait for two days .and daily i used to meet him so next week he called me and talk about what do you want and what all the skills you have so it was pretty easy .

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IIT Madras (Chennai (India)).

Interview

Sent a mail to professor at IITM . He asked me to join the very next day . So there was no interview process as such , I started working on the PhD students work from the next day

Interview Questions

• What are your areas of interest   1 Answer

Project Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IIT Madras (Chennai (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

A personal interview, more of a one on one interaction with the faculty under whom you would be working. They will test your basic understanding in your area of interest and the skills you possess wrt to softwares.

Interview Questions

• Flow analysis over a body using any CFD software   2 Answers

Negotiation

You can negotiate depending on the experience you have in the domain.

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IIT Madras (Chennai (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

To apply for the post, one should be eligible for a national level fellowship and those who have a valid fellowship will be called for a written test. Once the person has passed in written, they will be called for direct interview. The interview contains a variety of questions ranging from analytics to management.

Interview Questions

• I had been asked about the identifying solution for hypothesis   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IIT Madras (Chennai (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

Questions on optics,photnics. Interviewed for a research assistant role. Tested knowledge in Elecromagnetics and optics. Proefficiency in Matlab and Python was a plus. Past academic honors and other achievements were asked. Communication and leadership skills were tested. Overall, the interview was average, with well defined roles being told to you if you were selected!

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IIT Madras (Chennai (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

Details of specific fields and faculty positions currently being proposed for recruitment in
    different departments are listed in the website as departments / areas along with a list of
    interdisciplinary areas of interest. It is expected that faculty members will be affiliated to
    the department most closely associated with their research interests. However, they may
    teach core courses from other departments also so as to meet individual core course
    teaching load requirements

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IIT Madras (Chennai (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

I got in contact with the professor by mail, telling that I was interested in doing an internship under him and that I had mentioned what work I had done earlier. He sent me an email asking me to complete a mini project task. I got back to him after completing it in 10 days. He conducted a series of email interviews before he finally asked me to go and meet him.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between feature reduction and data reduction?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IIT Madras.

Interview

The interview is after selection by advertisement. A committee questions your proposed project and tries to assess whether the candidate can handle it independently. Thye judge based on your presentation and publications. The whole thing took around half an hour.

Interview Questions

• The comittee asked me to suggest analternate project to the one I had put forward.   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IIT Madras (Chennai (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

The first round is written test. The shortlisted students are called to take the interview - second round. It would be panel interview. The first round is written test. The shortlisted students are called to take the interview - second round. It would be panel interview. The first round is written test. The shortlisted students are called to take the interview - second round. It would be panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Fourier series representation of sawtooth waveform of constant frequency   1 Answer