ION Geophysical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ION Geophysical Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2018

2.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ION Geophysical.

Interview

Very gentle interviews. No technical drills at all. The interviews are one-to-one. They hardly ask any technical questions. It seems they trust the employee who brought your resume in. So, if they have an opening and if you have a friend who is in some good position there, then you can almost be sure that you get hired by them. I never see anyone hired through a recruiter there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Reasonable.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ION Geophysical in August 2013.

Interview

The interview went well and quite standard. Focus on the technical portion 80% of the time. They are also interested in your previous experience and many questions were focus on it.

Interview Questions

• The expected related to time processing   1 Answer

Senior Geophysicist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ION Geophysical (Denver, CO).

Interview

Met with a number of staff members around a conference table with a very informal discussion of my experience and what the job would entail. Very relaxed interview. Since there is a 50 word minimum, I will repeat myself. Met with a number of staff members around a conference table with a very informal discussion of my experience and what the job would entail. Very relaxed interview

Interview Questions

• Nothing to specific other than describing my past experience. All questions based on technical geophysical skills, no SituationTaskActionResults questions on people skills.   1 Answer

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ION Geophysical (Houston, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

In office interview with three people. Met with them one on one. HR managed the transition from interview to interview. It was an efficient process that allowed me to see the offices and the environment.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to this position?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ION Geophysical (New Orleans, LA) in July 2009.

Interview

Hand off to several people to perform one-on one discussions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary, bonus

Geophysicist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ION Geophysical (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Meet with the processing director after a nice chat was sent to meet with my future manager. Not very difficult questions as someone with a few years experience, they seemed to just want to see if my personality would fit with the group. Very laid back interview.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at ION Geophysical (Houston, TX).

Interview

More conversational and behavioral questions. Open to work extra hours if needed and necessary. A motivator. 3 separate person interview - includes HR rep as well.

Interview Questions

• Didn't have any difficult or unexpected question. Very intuitive questions that can be easily answered.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered a very competitive market salary; unnecessary to negotiate. Vacations are nice and sick days are accrued separately from PTO days, which is a perk.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ION Geophysical (Houston, TX) in April 2007.

Interview

this had to be one of the best interviews i had ever been on. The Manager was very pleasant and easy to talk to. After all introductions were completed, I was given a formal orientation on what the company was all about. After this we took a tour around the facility and I had a chance to interact briefly with the rest of the Engineers present. I was introduced to the primary systems and given a crash course on its functionalities. I would say this all took close to 1hr.20mins. total. At the end of the interview, i was told i had what they were looking for and i would be contacted shortly. Great interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a strong back ground in computer hardware/ software?   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ION Geophysical (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Position Title does not apply to the responsibilities. Its a Business Finance Analyst type of role with no plan of development

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ION Geophysical (Houston, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

This company did an interview that consisted of multiple interviews with various team members and multiple managers, as well as the VP of IT, and The World Wide Applications director. I had one interview that lasted about 3 hours. They had already called and left a message that they wanted me to join their team before I had even reached my home after the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked pretty softball questions like what languages had I worked in and to what level of complexity. There were very few technically specific questions. They also wanted to know what analysis methodologies I had worked with. That was pretty much it.   1 Answer