ION Media Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ION Media Networks Interview Questions

2.6

Payroll Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ION Media Networks (West Palm Beach, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

I was recruited through a staffing agency. The process took about 2 weeks, including 2 face to face interviews. Both interviewing parties asked very relevant questions, and made me feel that this opportunity would offer the ability for significant growth within my field.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ION Media Networks (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I met with the recruiter for 20 minutes and then the person came in I would support and we had a casual conversation. It was a click right away and they offered me the position formally an hour later. Sometimes you know when you'll work well with a person!

Interview Questions

• Basic things about the position such as basic administrative duties, experience with travel, working under pressure, etc.   1 Answer

Pricing and Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ION Media Networks (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

After a brief email correspondence, I went in for an interview about one week later. I thought it went pretty well -- it was neither too easy nor too difficult. Met several members of various departments, the interview was pretty extensive.

Master Control Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ION Media Networks (Houston, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

The process was simple. I met with Station Operations Manager in my first interview, and the Chief Engineer during the 2nd. Both gave me an idea of what my duties would be, and what to expect from the position.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ION Media Networks in April 2012.

Interview

Interview process was basic and straightforward. Had to go back more than once, and met with multiple people for the role. The entire interview process took a little over 2 hours total, which I was notified of in advance. Environment was corporate and bit formal. Everyone was friendly and welcoming.

On-Air Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ION Media Networks (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Sat down with my supervisor and another employee. They asked me questions. Fairly straight forward. No bull. Nice people. Friendly. Interview lasted about 30 minutes. They had my resume handy and read off of it so the questions were about my experience.

Interview Questions

• What kind of software applications do you know?   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ION Media Networks (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Very strange process. They lack a true human resource department. When I was being interviewed the interviewer was on her blackberry while asking questions. She had no idea about the position and the industry and was extremely pompous

Interview Questions

• You are not qualified to handle the pressure associated with this company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was odd. they haggled about compensation, did not put anything in writing concerning the bonus, and were vague about vacation time and benefits. I needed a job so I took it.

Station Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ION Media Networks in August 2010.

Interview

Very vague, waited 30 minutes to enter a room full of executives. Asked experience questions for 1 hour then went onto one on one with dept heads. Quite extensive, but yet vague in what the job completely entailed. Benefits etc. Took 3 hours total, and was left in a board room for a while and finally a secretary said "they are all gone", "you can go home". "Hasn't anyone told you ?" .........

Interview Questions

• old analog questions related to 1980 technology.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just received a letter. No negotiation.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ION Media Networks (West Palm Beach, FL) in August 2010.

Interview

short interview asking technical questions about the job, with the hiring manager and other staff. questions designed to screen highly unqualified individuals.

too low

Station Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ION Media Networks (Nashville, TN) in June 2007.

Interview

I went into this interview knowing I wasn't qualified for the job. I'm a producer, they were looking for a Station Manager - someone to deal with broadcast towers, ad sales, etc.

The interviewer read from a list of questions she seemed to have found on the internet. "What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? Tell me about this. Tell me about that." I felt like my answers were pretty good, but every time I finished talking there would be an awkward silence, and then she would look to her list for the next question. I felt like I was 4 times smarter than this woman, and that I came across as someone who could do the job. But I never got a call back.