ITV Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ITV Interview Questions

Updated Jan 13, 2017

2.8

Features Researcher Interview

Interview

fairly straight forward. ask you for examples of researching a story from start to finish. Good to know what experts you would contact for comment/interview etc Make sure you have some good contacts in your black book

Interview Questions

• asked you to give examples of how you research a subject - who you would contact etc   Answer Question

Operations Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ITV (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Received a call after applying for the job in a week to arrange a face-to-face interview which I chose to do in the following week. Once I arrived there was a delay since the person who was suppose to be interviewing me was 'sick' thus they were making a back-up plan. Considering this was my first interview ever it went okays but the nervousness got to me a little. At the end we finished off with me finding out that the next step would be a test in the office if I were to be selected after they interviewed the remaining candidates. After eagerly waiting for a phone call or an email to pop=up in regards to this interview, even after about a month later I did not receive anything, even after emailing them they just don't seem to be bothered.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      What does HTML stand for and what does it do?
      Have you done anything similar to what is required?
      Answer Question

Management Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ITV (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

I to 1 with a skills test which was based on the skills required for the role, and I asked questions about what was the career prospects and opportunities. I was asked about my experience to date.

Interview Questions

• Asked about the production process   1 Answer

Viewer Services Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ITV (Birmingham, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

If you get called in then it can take a long time to even hear anything back from these people, the person who was heading recruitment for the ma few years back and has now thankfully left was totally useless and never picked up his phone. He was also very rude and dismissive when I did get to speak to him, I got called in an was interviewed by a few ladies who seemed to be very judgemental.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here and situations where this and that happened. Nothing out of the ordinary to be honest.   1 Answer

Production Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ITV in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Was called for interview. Easy interview, despite having 4 years experience doing the job in another major company and being told by ITV themselves that I had excellent skills for the job. I didnt get it. The role was online for 5 days too. You had to be checking regulary to notice it or be working there already.

Commercial Operations Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ITV (London, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

Answered standard questions and did a test on my attention to detail. I was interviewed by a manager and 2 assistant managers. They were really friendly and happy to answer my questions.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ITV (London, England (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

Good - nice manager, very informal.
    They are all very laid back.
    They know what they are looking for so don't take it to offence if you dont get the role. They have something in mind, though they might not tell you that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Prepare thoroughly

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ITV (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Met directly with senior designer and team lead. Very friendly and accommodating. Mostly interested in portfolio, skills and personality match. Covered the usual design tasks, software skills, job requirements, ability to manage projects from brief to fulfilment and work with multitude of internal and external clients and stakeholders.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unusual, standard design, software, team work questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated through recruiter, happy with fair offer.

Senior Systems Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kings Cross, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ITV (Kings Cross, England (UK)).

Interview

One written interview (questions below)

One phone interview, usual chat about my CV and why I was leaving my current role and why I like testing.

One interview in person in their London offices near Kings Cross.

Interviewer was a woman who took a lot of time telling me how tired/stressed she was. As the interview went on, she also told me how much work she had to do more than once.

Then, to my surprise, she mocked the person who had her role before her and went on to talk disparagingly of other candidates for turning up late, being nervous etc. I was hoping she did it to relax me but afterwards I think she did it because she is not a very sympathetic person.

More questions about my background but I found it hard to engage with her and felt it was hard to hold her attention. She played a lot with her clothes and hair as well as looking out the glass windows to the atrium below.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for ITV?   1 Answer
    • What is TDD from a manual perspective?   1 Answer
    • How would you test something in a hurry in a few hours before it went live to production or out to a TV audience?   1 Answer
    • A very pointed question about how I would measure my fluency in English   1 Answer
    • Please tell us why you chose to become a tester (written interview question)
      Why are manhole covers round? (written interview question)
      1 Answer

I did not like the interviewer. I felt I was offered the job as just a number and none of my 4 years of testing experience was taken into consideration. I was also promised feedback on my interview within 3 days whereas in reality, it took 7.. In the meantime, I accepted another role with a company who impressed me when I went to interview with them.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ITV (London, England (UK)) in May 2012.

Interview

not too long, no questions that threw you off. Just one interview, you may have to do a maths interview so scrub up on those skills! Just be aware of the market as a whole. Percentages, ratios, simple formula maths.

Interview Questions

Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
ITV Features Researcher Interview asked you to give examples of how you research a subject - who you would contact etc
ITV Operations Support Analyst Interview London, England (UK) Tell me about yourself? What does HTML stand for and what does it do? Have you done anything similar to what is required?
ITV Management Accountant Interview London, England (UK) Asked about the production process
ITV Viewer Services Officer Interview Birmingham, England (UK) Why do you want to work here and situations where this and that happened. Nothing out of the ordinary to be honest.
ITV Production Assistant Interview Tell us about your experience
ITV Commercial Operations Scheduler Interview London, England (UK) What skills do you think you'd need in this job
ITV Marketing Assistant Interview London, England (UK) How would your friends describe you?
ITV Graphic Designer Interview London, England (UK) Nothing unusual, standard design, software, team work questions
ITV Senior Systems Tester Interview Kings Cross, England (UK) Why do you want to work for ITV?
ITV Senior Systems Tester Interview Kings Cross, England (UK) What is TDD from a manual perspective?
ITV Senior Systems Tester Interview Kings Cross, England (UK) How would you test something in a hurry in a few hours before it went live to production or out to a TV audience?
ITV Senior Systems Tester Interview Kings Cross, England (UK) A very pointed question about how I would measure my fluency in English
ITV Senior Systems Tester Interview Kings Cross, England (UK) Please tell us why you chose to become a tester (written interview question) Why are manhole covers round? (written interview question)
ITV Sales Assistant Interview London, England (UK) What demographic would be suitable for a range of products they list...
ITV Sales Assistant Interview London, England (UK) Why do you want to work at ITV?