ITV Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
ITV Chairman Archie Norman
Archie Norman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • good company, good people and work life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Great place to work with great people (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Pay is relatively poor, training could be a bit better, career progression can be hard and some of the facilities are simply not good enough (in 5 reviews)

• Work life balance can easily go awry (in 3 reviews)

1. "Good company"

I worked at ITV full-time

Pros

nice people that are fun to work with... i think there is good room to grow, but it definitely takes some time to grow in the company

Cons

the mall that ITV is in doesn't have many food options, so bring your own lunch... not many other cons

2. "Youre just another number"

I worked at ITV full-time

Pros

Studios on site. Normally a good team as everyone is fed up there's a sense of togetherness in the hatred for management.

Cons

You literally have to be friends with the right people and generally be white middle class. Blonde if you're a girl and posh- ish and gay ish if you're a man/boy.
    The runners / programme assistants are on such low salaries so now only the rich kids can afford to start there unless you have a relative or friend there who can bump you up to researcher.
    I took my very white blonde step kids in one day and my little girl asked me why there were no indian or black people especially in the good morning Britain floors. I don't know why?
    Since ITV took over its all about business now, so gone are the days where you worked into the night and they gave you the next day off now they just work you into the ground and offer something insulting like 'come in at 10/11 instead of 930, unless you say something and even then you're scared that they will blacklist you as some that have spoken up have been passed up for promotions etc and if you're a freelance then you're on your own they really don't give a hoot about you, one freelancer was so bullied and excluded for years he eventually spoke up and was told that HR and management are not there for freelancers. He pointed out that bullying affects freelancers and staff. The freelancers rate is the lowest I've seen and never ever goes up. I know two people that left because they were so bullied they got ill.
    ITV especially daytime will suck you dry and spit you out. It's a young persons game who can do the job of 6 people - runner, producer, director, camera, sound and editor - for less than the more experienced can do for 2 of those roles even though we're often called to clean up some ones mess and even then on a 3 day schedule when it could easily be double that.
    The long and short of it is, that its probably a good place to start when you're young as they have the production offices and studios on site and there really are some fantastic people in some of the teams, so talented and positive but you see then wither after a few years, its really sad to see esp the young ones that keep getting passed over for promotions. If you have any self respect I wouldn't stay there for too long.

3. "Good"

I worked at ITV full-time

Pros

Good people to work with, good benefits, a lot of doors open from working at such a famous company in the TV world

Cons

A lot of hours, but thats good if you want OT. Some people difficult to work with but its like that in every company. not much to complain about

Advice to Management

keep doing what youre doing!! i thought it was well managed but i was sometimes overworked. but its like that in broadcasting

4. "Story Producer"

Former Employee - Story Producer in Sherman Oaks, CA
    Former Employee - Story Producer in Sherman Oaks, CA

I worked at ITV (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly people, great producers,

Cons

HR for timecard issues is in another building. You have to park in the shopping structure

5. "ITV researcher"

Pros

Everyday different. Exciting and varied

Cons

not what you know who you know...

Advice to Management

realise its the people at the bottom that often work the hardest

6. "Great Company"

Pros

Great people to work with and love the shows they produce.

Cons

Would like there to be more jobs in the U.S.

Advice to Management

More jobs and better communication with the employees.

7. "A good company to work form"

I have been working at ITV full-time

Pros

Teams are really nice, they look after their staff

Cons

Pay is not as good as you would expect

Advice to Management

N/a

8. "Great company"

Former Employee - Researcher in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Researcher in London, England (UK)

I worked at ITV full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great team, great projects to work on. Good networking

Cons

Low pay. At times hard to move forward

9. "ITV review"

I have been working at ITV full-time

Pros

good company, good people and work life balance

Cons

none that i can think of

10. "Good place to work"

Pros

Relaxed environment to work in

Cons

Sometimes disorganised and people don't always know what theyre meant to be doing