Idaho Power Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 23, 2017

3.5

Senior Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Idaho Power (Boise, ID).

Interview

Idaho power uses the Behavioral type of interviewing format. The process took 4 hours with questions requiring example of situation, what you learned from situtation, was it positive outcome or negative outcome what would you change if anything and why oy why not

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Idaho Power (Boise, ID).

Interview

very smooth. Interviewers were very friendly and helped with guiding me through the questions since I was a student in college interviewing for an internship position. The questions was directly related to the internship.

Interview Questions

• technical questions regarding the internship. I would recommend this company. the culture is very family friendly and laid back   Answer Question

Lineman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Idaho Power (Boise, ID) in February 2016.

Interview

Scripted questions. Was pretty easy interview. Seemed like a good company to work for, but I didn't get the job. I'll probably try again in the near future.

Communications Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Idaho Power in August 2015.

Interview

Very professional experience. Started with a "technical" phone interview from there moved into an person "behavioral" interview. The phone interview lasted about 30-40 min. The in person was close to Two hours with two different pairs of people. The two different pairs of people included people from the hiring department as well as hr.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you overcame a disagreement with your manager.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Idaho Power (Provo, UT) in October 2014.

Interview

Fairly normal questions with technical questions first followed by some behavioral questions. I felt like the behavioral questions were very vague. All the situations they asked about were from school experience, particularly group work and/or group projects. I had prepared 10-15 situations from my actual work and previous internship experience where I excelled. I only ended up using 2 or 3 of these.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience in which you were satisfied with the results of a decision you made?   Answer Question
    • Describe an experience in which you were NOT satisfied with the results of a decision you made?   Answer Question

Information Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Idaho Power (Boise, ID).

Interview

They use the Situation, Task, Action, Result (STAR) behavioral method for interviews. Be prepared to think of actual situations where you were faced with challenges. Describe the situation, the task at hand, the action you took and the results of your action. Typically two different teams interview you. Provide a response for each section and you will rack up points in the interview.

Negotiation

They have a pay scale. Most managers will try and start you at the bottom of the scale.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Idaho Power (Boise, ID) in January 2012.

Interview

phone interview for windows and Linux technical questions, the interviewer didn't know the technology said I was wrong where he was wrong. Then a panel interview with two groups of two employees who separately asked me the same questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had disagreement with your manager. (STAR answers only)   Answer Question

Negotiation

none.

Systems Administrator II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Idaho Power (Boise, ID) in September 2011.

Interview

STAR review system with a separate phone technical interview. They ask a lot of dumb questions about how you handle adversity. It's foreshadowing for how management behaves most of the time.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you dealt with the rules changing during a project?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Idaho Power (Idaho Falls, ID) in March 2011.

Interview

Panel had 3 interviewers.

Questions included basics of Power Systems

1. How would you explain Ohm's law to your Grand mother?
    2. What is a Circuit breaker ? etc..

Some Problems on Power factor.

Interview Questions

• 1. How would you explain Ohm's law to your Grand mother?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Idaho Power (Boise, ID) in March 2010.

Interview

Hiring process very well defined. Interviews consisted of two 2:1 sessions with a hiring manager and an HR person. Questions were prescripted and standardized - each interviewer had a different set. Alomost no spontaneous questions - all were by the script. All questions were behavioral - no technical questions (they were done at the phone screen).

Interview Questions

• How would you tell your supervisor how to do his/her job better?   1 Answer