Idaho Power Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Idaho Power Interview Questions

Interviews at Idaho Power

3.5

Communications Technician Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Idaho Power.

Interview

First it goes through HR for minimal qualifications then a technical screening with a behavioral Interview with two separate teams. Mistake was to use older experiences rather than fresh within last six months.

Interview Questions

• Give an example when a mistake in a little thing has big consequences later on?   Answer Question

Lineman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Idaho Power (Boise, ID) in February 2016.

Interview

Scripted questions. Was pretty easy interview. Seemed like a good company to work for, but I didn't get the job. I'll probably try again in the near future.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Idaho Power (Idaho Falls, ID) in March 2011.

Interview

Panel had 3 interviewers.

Questions included basics of Power Systems

1. How would you explain Ohm's law to your Grand mother?
    2. What is a Circuit breaker ? etc..

Some Problems on Power factor.

Interview Questions

• 1. How would you explain Ohm's law to your Grand mother?   1 Answer

Information Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Idaho Power (Boise, ID).

Interview

They use the Situation, Task, Action, Result (STAR) behavioral method for interviews. Be prepared to think of actual situations where you were faced with challenges. Describe the situation, the task at hand, the action you took and the results of your action. Typically two different teams interview you. Provide a response for each section and you will rack up points in the interview.

Negotiation

They have a pay scale. Most managers will try and start you at the bottom of the scale.

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Idaho Power (Boise, ID) in November 2018.

Interview

Interview process consisted of a technical interview over the phone, which took approximately 30 minutes. Then came a behavioural interview that lasted over 2 hours with two different pairs of interviews asking a variety of STAR questions

Interview Questions

• Identify and explain a project that you weren't able to complete to the best of your ability, and why?   Answer Question

Senior Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Idaho Power (Boise, ID).

Interview

Idaho power uses the Behavioral type of interviewing format. The process took 4 hours with questions requiring example of situation, what you learned from situtation, was it positive outcome or negative outcome what would you change if anything and why oy why not

Procurement Specialist Interview

Application

Interview

It was a fast process from the time that I applied until the time that I received a phone interview. The folks were really nice and easy to talk to.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Idaho Power (Boise, ID) in March 2010.

Interview

Hiring process very well defined. Interviews consisted of two 2:1 sessions with a hiring manager and an HR person. Questions were prescripted and standardized - each interviewer had a different set. Alomost no spontaneous questions - all were by the script. All questions were behavioral - no technical questions (they were done at the phone screen).

Interview Questions

• How would you tell your supervisor how to do his/her job better?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Idaho Power (Boise, ID) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a call to set up the interview process. I was interviewed for a position (supply chain) that I didn't apply for. Once we had that squared away I decided to go ahead with the interview anyway, figuring I could get the experience. The phone interview took place with three people from Idaho powere on the line.

Interview Questions

• Matrix questions asked regarding Supply Chain. Describe a matrix you created to solve an out of the box situation. Behavioral based questions too.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Idaho Power (Provo, UT) in October 2014.

Interview

Fairly normal questions with technical questions first followed by some behavioral questions. I felt like the behavioral questions were very vague. All the situations they asked about were from school experience, particularly group work and/or group projects. I had prepared 10-15 situations from my actual work and previous internship experience where I excelled. I only ended up using 2 or 3 of these.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience in which you were satisfied with the results of a decision you made?   Answer Question
    • Describe an experience in which you were NOT satisfied with the results of a decision you made?   Answer Question