Illinois State Police Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Illinois State Police

Information Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Illinois State Police (Springfield, IL).

Interview

The interview process took a long time, roughly six months. You must go through an extensive background check, drug testing and multiple background interviews. You will be thoroughly vetted.

Forensic Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Illinois State Police (Springfield, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

The process was in-depth and took a few months. They first called me in for an interview, then offered me a position contingent upon my ability to pass a polygraph, drug test, and a intense background check. The interview was a panel of approximately 4 people from the state and they each asked questions and ranked my responses against the other candidates that were interviewed. The background check was detailed and took some time. The polygraph wasn't terrible, just raised my anxiety level a little bit. All in all, all of the hoops were worth jumping through.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness? Give us an example of when you showed leadership skills or found yourself in a leadership role. How would you resolve conflict with a coworker? Very little technical questioning.   Answer Question

Microbiologist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Illinois State Police in July 2010.

Interview

process was much longer than expected