Imagination Publishing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Imagination Publishing Interview Questions

Interviews at Imagination Publishing

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Imagination Publishing in August 2014.

Interview

Phone interview and 2 in-person interviews. For the most part, basic questions about experience, background, and college coursework. The woman from HR was very nice and upbeat and the interview had a very conversational feel to it. Interviewers were very polite and made the experience stress-free and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in one word.   1 Answer

Received an offer with another company for full-time employment

SEO Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Imagination Publishing (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

I had the benefit of doing a contract here, so they were already familiar with me and my work. I came in twice for interviews before I got the offer.

After a couple of weeks here contracting, I met with their HR assistant, who did an initial screening. A couple of weeks later, I came back for an interview with the department head and the head of HR. Because they knew me already, the interview was a bit different – we talked more about diagnosing some of their issues than about me and my background.

Be aware that the HR department is small (one person) so the process can be quite drawn out.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question, as always, is to talk about a project that went bad and how you could have done things differently.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate. After the offer, I told them that I was choosing between this and another offer, and that vacation time was the hold up.

After they came up on vacation time, I jumped at the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imagination Publishing (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

The interviewing process seemed a bit...intense. There are five rounds: a personality test, a phone interview, an in-person interview, an editing test, and then one more in-person interview.

Phone interview was enjoyable. The in-person interview went well, but I met with five people at once, which can be iffy for some. And then the editing test...It was four parts and I was given four days to complete it. At this point in the process, I decided that if I somehow didn't pass this massive test with 10 years of experience behind my belt, I didn't want to work for this company. I completely get wanting to find the best candidate, but it all seemed rather intense.

Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Imagination Publishing.

Interview

Interviewed for a temp position, and when I followed up they told me they would like me for a permanent role and they would contact me. Several weeks later, I came back in for an interview, and took an editing test. After that they told me they wanted me for a different position and I interviewed with another team. It took them a month to get back to me after that last meeting, and when I was passed over for the position, I was told it was due to a lack of digital skills. This was something that was never brought up in the interviews.

Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Imagination Publishing.

Interview

Odd. They wanted someone off of Craigslist do fly out somewhere within a couple of days and pitch an account for them, when the job was not even sales or account management-oriented.

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Imagination Publishing (Washington, DC) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied through my college database. About a week later I received an email saying they would like to conduct a first-round phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and did not involve any questions out of the ordinary. There was no follow-up after phone interview. I sent a follow-up email but never heard back. I did not receive an offer.

Content Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Imagination Publishing (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone interview with HR, in-person interview with HR & one VP. Then you're given a project/presentation to complete. You present for 10 minutes to HR, one VP, and one EVP.

If you apply I would recommend asking them if they definitively have a handle on exactly what their internal needs are. Don't lose patience, you may not hear back for 3-4 weeks after your interview.

Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Imagination Publishing (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

After I send in my application through their website I was set up for a phone interview. After the phone interview there was a personal interview with the company co-founder and senior designer.

Digital Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Imagination Publishing (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online through a posting on my university career services website, then had a phone interview with the HR director maybe a few weeks later. Afterward, we set up an in-person interview time where I met with two members of the management team at Imagination's office. Afterward, I waited a few weeks and was asked for three references and was hired that week.

Interview Questions

• I don't really remember specific questions I was asked, it was a pretty basic interview revolving around my past experience and how it could apply to this position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation salary-wise since it was unpaid, but I did choose the length of the internship and my start and end dates.

Contract Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Imagination Publishing (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview process was pretty standard. Met with head of HR and an editor. Kind of made it seem like there was more opportunity to full-time employment than there actually is.