Improv Comedy Club Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Improv Comedy Club

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Improv Comedy Club (Arlington, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Walked in and filled out an application. Briefly spoke with one of the managers. He quickly looked over my resume, asked a few questions about my availability, and scheduled an interview for the next week. Came back an interviewed with one manager. Scheduled an interview with the general manager, and after interviewing him, I received a call from a woman who said, "your hired!"

Interview Questions

• Can you handle customers yelling at you when they are unsatisfied with their order?   1 Answer

Security/Doorman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Improv Comedy Club (Tampa, FL) in May 2011.

Interview

Jobs are posted to Craigslist, or referred through friends. First you meet with the front of house manager for initial interview. Easy interview as they just like to see if they like you. Behind the scenes they use the internet for background checks just to make sure you do not have any violent offenses. After you are initially vetted they introduce you around to whoever is working the day shift in the ticket office, who are always pleasant and sweet girls. You then meet the GM at which point means you are getting hired.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are fairly straightforward, not an overly complicated interview. They may ask potential security applicants some technical information to see if they are able to work in the soundbooth, however their sound guy seems to be pretty constant.   Answer Question

Negotiation

For a part time job wasn't much negotiation. Best to try and get all you can upfront, but they are not very flexible.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Improv Comedy Club (Schaumburg, IL) in January 2008.

Interview

1 interview, and hired on the spot

Interview Questions

• What is your serving experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

easy, tips plus $4.90 an hour