Indian Army Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Indian Army Interview Questions

Updated Nov 28, 2017

3.5

Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Indian Army (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Very professional. The process includes an Entrance Examination, Aptitude Test, Physical Tests, Analytical Reasoning, Individual Tasks, Group Tasks, Personal Interview, Psychological Evaluation and a Medical Check Up. It needs thorough preparation to crack.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to join the army?   2 Answers

Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indian Army (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2017.

Interview

the interview is conducted over a duration of 5 days. first day, there will be a screening test and 50% candidates will be send back home. the rest will attend variety of tests which requires honesty and little bit of intelligence and stamina. 1 or 2 may be selected at the end and it depends on ur performance.

Interview Questions

• rapid fire personal questions   1 Answer

Second Lieutenant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jabalpur (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Indian Army (Jabalpur (India)).

Interview

It is a process that begins with screening out unsuitable candidates and thereafter subjecting the shortlisted ones through a three-pronged testing system which involves a battery of psychological tests, a series of group-cum-individual tests and a personality-centric interview. It lasts over a 5 day cycle. The successful ones are then put through detailed medical examination and then a merit list is made out with the finally qualified candidates, from where they are invited to join the Army as per available vacancies.

Interview Questions

• The interview is a personality based one. It has three major parts each dealing with your academic life in school and college, your family and social circle and your hobbies/interests/aspirations and general awareness. There are no fixed questions. The questions evolve from the introduction the candidate gives about himself in the first few minutes and that he fills out in the biodata sheet.   1 Answer

Lieutenant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alwar (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Indian Army (Alwar (India)).

Interview

This is one of the best organisation in the world and their selection process is totally transparent screening process is on the first day total selection process is of five days. I was very positive during the interview all the officials were very good and friendly. I was selected from my engineering college and was called to Allahbad I got screened out but overall experience was enthusiastic.

Defence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Indian Army (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Apply online and than will be called by SSBs as per their convince. For commission in the Army, six days interview process is there and selection rejection doesn't matter, simply the SSBs recommends the candidates for their fitness for commission.

Army Captain Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Indian Army (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

It is through a service selection board
    Selection percentage is 0.1%, total 5 days of interview followed by a medical test
    After that a merit list comes depending upon the vacancy candidates are called

Commissioned Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhopal (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Indian Army (Bhopal (India)).

Interview

It is a five days process involving indoors and outdoor tests. The entire process right from being received centrally to departure you are observed about your conduct as a 'would be officer'. The laid down Standard Operating Procedures laid down by the system are exhaustive and rigid which do not leave any scope for any one to hood wink the system. Not only your present standards are checked, the Service Selection Board consists of a team which checks you fully in your aptitude to take on pressures/ stress of the job yet deliver in the times of crises. The complete ground performance tasks coupled with group discussions and one o one interviews including written psychological tests ensure that the right candidate is selected.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose this as a calling ?   1 Answer

Lieutenant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Indian Army (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

Direct Interview- SSC(TECH)-45. Service Selection Board- Bangalore,1st day- Document Verification, 2nd day- Screening, 3rd day- Psychological test, 4th day- GTO-1 day, 5th day- GTO-2 day, Personal Interview- 2nd or 3rd or 4th day. For first day many candidates will be arrived at the time of reporting, after reached the selection centre they are verified for documents and chest numbers are given, then allowed to the barracks to take rest. They are informed to reached the test place on 6 - 7Am. they conduct intelligent test and ppdt and the results are announces in the afternoon. the candidates selected allowed to go through the further procedures and the un-selected candidates have to leave at that time itself. Then the Main SSB starts from next day.

Interview Questions

• As everyone know the process of SSB, i wish to share about one of the important Tasks of SSB.
      Personal Interview(PI):
      Tell me about your City?
      How you reached the interview place from your city?
      Whats's the name of the train?
      How many hours it takes?
      How much distance?
      Whats the speed of the train?
      Do you many any friends in Train?
      Tell me about your parents, schooling and college?
      , etc, etc... They will ask everything about yourself. so try to introspect yourself and find who you are? , then the interview is piece of cake with truthful in interview and enough knowledge in current Affairs and GK. Thank you. Hope it helpful. All the best for all. Jai Hind.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Indian Army (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

Very good 5 day Ssb interview.
    Day 1 screening with ppdt test and verbal and non verbal reasoning.
    Those who clear day 1 are allowed to the coming days.
    Day2 psychology tests including tat wat SRT and SD.
    Day 3 gto tests including 2 set gd, gpe, pgt, GT, cmnd task
    Day 4 gto tests including half GT, individual obstacles, lecturate, interview.
    Day 5 Conference. And results
    Recommended will go for medicals for 5days.

Interview Questions

• Education, family, friends, teachers.
      Hobbies, sports.
      General awareness.   1 Answer

Ues Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Army (New Delhi (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

good and well organized it was done according to first come first serve basis was made comfortable and was very great .an army general took the interview it was very good see an army officer .

Interview Questions

• Basic general Knowledge Question   1 Answer